Director – US Commercial Operations & Data Analytics
2275 Research Boulevard, suite 500, MD 20850
Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
The Director of US Commercial Operations & Data Analytics will be responsible to build and lead the operations, analytics and insights team and structure supporting the company’s first launch. They will develop and lead processes that drive commercial insights, timely and accurate business informatics and data analysis, field team excellence in the US as well at integrating our CSO into Immunocore in 2022.
This position is located in Immunocore's Rockville, MD office.
- Responsible for integrating both contracted market access and sales force teams into Immunocore and standing up all necessary functional support (IT, HR, Fleet, Compliance, etc.)
- Facilitate the integration of all commercial data sources within our selected data warehouse platform
- Lead data strategy efforts to ensure accurate and reliable data assets are procured and onboarded ahead of commercial launch
- Liaise with IT to further develop and deploy changes to relevant data, applications, and analytics
- Plan and conduct training/coaching for Market Access and Sales team(s) on the use of data and analytics for decision making (drive effective use of information).
- Develop reports and analytics capabilities through key performances indicators that uncover business drivers and barriers, as well as allow for timely and actionable decision making by senior leadership
- Lead monthly/quarterly business reviews with leadership
- Own the relationship and operational solutions with our patient support hub
- Liaise and manage day-to-day interactions with key external business partners and vendors that are critical to commercial functionality
- Manage effective utilization of CRM, necessary upkeep, and continual improvement to ensure it supports high-touch customer services
- Assess field-team effectiveness to ensure optimal targeting, size and structure that supports commercial success
- Lead initial sales training on Operations data, systems, and tools for new hires and support on-going training workshops at national and regional meetings
- Liaise with alliance partner field-team
- Own all HCP/Payer segmentation projects
- Identify and deliver on all post-launch training for the field-based teams
- Co-manage (w/CSO partner) incentive compensation and any sales contests
- Conduct strategy audits on the field team
- Ensure patient ‘consent’ is collected where required (i.e. patient enrolment for HUB services)
Experience & knowledge
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the pharma/biotech field
- Strong knowledge of syndicated pharmaceutical industry data and experience integrating these data sources into an in-house data warehousing platform
- Strong knowledge of best industry-standard CRM (Veeva preferred) and BI tools relevant to pharma industry
- Commercial market access/sales launch experience (US oncology or specialty launch experience preferred)
- Preferred experience in sales and commercial operational roles
- Skilled at negotiating with business partners or management and influencing senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
- Established business planning and budgeting acumen and judgment
- Curious and data driven mindset, constantly questioning assumptions and working with a sense of urgency to enable the delivery of the best care to patients with cancer
Education & qualifications
Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred, IT or analytical/math education emphasis preferred
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.