Medical Science Liaison (MSL) - Remote - Western US
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States
Medical Science Liaison (MSL) - Remote - Western US
Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
- Develops and maintains in a self-driven manner outstanding knowledge of immuno-oncology and relevant disease areas
- Develops and maintains in a self-driven manner outstanding knowledge of Immunocore products, competitor products, and other therapeutic options within therapeutic area
- Collaborates with cross functional team to ensure the best patient care
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the medical strategy and broader Immunocore strategy to ensure (their own) activities are coordinated with the team and aligned to strategy within Immunocore
- Maintains and develops synergistic relationships with KOLs to expand research, advisory, and educational partnership opportunities
- Works to the highest ethical compliance, ethics and safety standards adhering to all local regulations and laws
- Engages with cross-functional team to ensure (their own) activities are coordinated with the team and aligned to strategy within Immunocore.
- Act as an educational resource to internal stakeholders, providing medical/ scientific knowledge, training, and support on Immunocore products
- Serves as external, credible scientific expert on disease area and Immunocore products at HCP field meetings, key medical and scientific conferences, advisory boards, clinical investigator meetings and patient advocacy group meetings
- Responds to unsolicited requests for medical information on Immunocore products in a credible, balanced/objective manner
- Proactively engages with HCP community to provide medical education as permissible by local laws and regulations
- Lead and implement congress symposiums and other educational programs in support of company strategy
- Provides effective clinical presentations to internal and external audiences and tailors presentations to meet specific audience needs
- Supports early access programmes
Insight gathering and processing
- Identifies and maps HCPs and networks/referral patterns
- Identify key field insights related to Immunocore products, activities and the disease area and effectively disseminate and collaborate with cross-functional partners
- Take leadership where appropriate and engages with cross-functional team to ensure HCPs needs/issues are resolved with the ultimate goal of ensuring patients receive the best care.
- Works with Immunocore internal team on congress planning and implementation
- Support clinical operations in trial site identification
- Facilitate clear communication and engagement between Immunocore and investigators as it relates to both Immunocore trials , investigator-sponsored studies, and barriers to enrolment for pipeline assets
- As part of the externally-sponsored research strategy, lead on collation and discussion/review of ESR proposals and subsequent set-up and maintenance of approved studies
Experience & knowledge
- At least 3-5 years of MSL experience
- Advanced degree (MD, PhD, PharmD)
- 3 years of experience with Oncology (preferably Immuno-oncology and melanoma) required
- Knowledge of clinical research design and GCP in the oncology/immune oncology area.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of clinical research trial design and study analysis including cost effectiveness and other high-level HEOR evidence approaches
- Demonstrates strong understanding of local healthcare systems, treatment guidelines
- Demonstrate ability to develop trust and maintain integrity with KOLs/External Clinical and Scientific Experts, investigators, HCPs, and institutions; as well as with peers, and others.
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant laws and regulations to role
- Excellent presentation, communication skills
- Ability to convey complex scientific concepts and information appropriately tailored to the audience e.g. affiliate staff and regional / global Medical Affairs leadership
- Travel - 60%
Lead with Science and Discover What is Within:
- We value Entrepreneurship and Diversity
- Respect, Trust, and Integrity
- Competitive compensation
- Medical and vision benefits, beginning your first day of employment
- Fully paid Dental Insurance
- 20 days’ vacation plus holidays
- Fully paid Life Insurance and Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
Immunocore is an E-Verify employer.