IT Service Desk Analyst
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States
IT SERVICE DESK ANALYST
Conshohocken, PA or Rockville, MD
Join a pioneering biotech with a collegial atmosphere and a passion for harnessing every individual’s unique set of skills in our fight against disease.
At Immunocore, we have a vision to transform the way we understand and treat the most challenging medical conditions of our time, including cancer, autoimmune disorders and infection. In January 2022, in the U.S., we launched the world’s first T-cell receptor therapy, built on a novel technology designed to overcome the limitations of our natural immune systems.
Joining us at the most exciting time in our history, you will be part of a team that values trust and innovation, and that cherishes different ways of thinking.
Assist in maintaining the smooth running of the IT function for the company, by efficiently managing & resolving requests.
The IT Service Desk Analyst works within the IT Service Desk team in a critical support role. They will take the lead on support duties under direction of the appropriate colleagues and will work with the Director, IT Operations & Senior IT Systems Engineer to improve the overall Service Desk support provision, policies and processes.
This position is office based in Conshohocken, PA or Rockville, MD.
- Act as the first point of contact between end users and the IT organisation. Triage issues and service requests via all in-person and online support channels.
- Troubleshoot the end user’s issue and resolve upon first contact when possible or alert and/or escalate to the appropriate specialist support groups.
- Accurately record and document all details of the issue or service request, including categorisation and priority into the IT service desk system.
- Perform first-level support request management activities.
- Provide "how to" assistance & documentation on all internally supported devices, applications and systems.
- Identify technical and process improvements to benefit the end users or systems administration and champion the implementation of the same.
- Identify opportunities to automate service desk activities or other system administration duties and champion the implementation of the same following all appropriate change policies.
- Improve helpdesk processes through documentation and standardisation, such as check lists, hardware standards, procurement channels, etc.
- Perform systems administration as agreed with management.
- Respond to end-user inquiries regarding the status of incident/service request tickets, changes and projects, and perform follow-ups as appropriate.
- Ensure regular communication to the end-user community through appropriate channels.
- Be an advocate for the end-user and ensure that IT Services are provisioned with the end-user experience in mind.
- Promote IT to the end-user and management community, listening to issues and bringing those back into the IT function proactively to be considered/addressed as appropriate by management.
- Management of the regular completion of tasks, relevant to the role, which come into the IT Service Desk. Ensure tasks are dealt with efficiently and that any issues are escalated to the appropriate person as necessary, i.e. Director, IT Operations, Systems Administrators, etc. Types of tasks, by way of example only, are:
- Creating & administering user accounts, Exchange groups & equipment to strict deadlines
- Installing software packages
- Managing file systems and permissions
- Updating and patching software when required
- Basic system administration
- Provisioning SharePoint & Teams sites for both internal & external collaborations
- Liaising with 3rd parties (Companies, contractors and visitors), to enable the successful delivery of IT tasks (e.g. ensuring Audio Visual equipment works correctly, third party services such as phone management are handled efficiently, IT services are procured, delivered, monitored & supported effectively, etc).
- Help to maintain accurate records of IT equipment, ensuring the catalogue remains up to date and escalating any discrepancies to the Director, IT Operations for advice on how to proceed.
- Provide documentation/training, enabling end users to self-serve wherever possible
- Diagnosing and escalating various types of technical faults
- Other duties may need to be performed from time to time, including helping with other functions.
- The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, personally motivated to make improvements and to help provide consistently high-quality service and support to end users in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- IT Service Desk Analysts are expected to cover specific service and support hours/locations and manage a large number of end-user requests.
- IT Service Desk Analysts must foster positive relationships with end users and other IT service and support subject-matter experts.
- IT Service Desk Analysts may be expected to be available for adjusted hours and for off-hours work to ensure support coverage, when necessary.
- Good team and interdisciplinary group working skills.
- Keen to learn and develop technical skills.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Previous IT service desk experience (liaising with customers, identifying needs etc.).
- At least two years’ experience in a customer facing IT service role.
- Worked within an Active Directory environment; administering user accounts, resetting passwords and managing group permissions.
- Worked to diagnose and escalate faults with IT hardware (e.g. laptops, network printers).
- Strong time management & organisational skills.
- Experience supporting remote workers, including international workers (in English).
- Knowledge of (using, installing, troubleshooting, managing and monitoring) these systems:
- Windows versions 7 – 10
- Microsoft Office 2016 and O365 administration
- Active Directory - user accounts, resetting passwords and managing permissions
- Manage Engine or similar cloud-based IT Service Desk systems
- IOS and Android mobile devices,
- Dell, HP, Apple Desktop and Laptops
- Supporting remote stakeholders using remote apps
- Knowledge of these systems:
- Windows Server versions 2012 onwards
- SCCM, WSUS and Antivirus Management tools
- Network monitoring tools i.e. WhatsUp Gold / Lansweeper
- Using MDM/Intune
- Dell Servers
- Windows data centre and/or Hypervisor
- On Presence telephone systems (e.g. Avaya)
- IT Service Desk knowledge base administration
- Scientific computing software (various)
- GxP (validated) system support & administration
Lead with Science and Discover What is Within:
- We value Entrepreneurship and Diversity
- Respect, Trust, and Integrity
- Competitive compensation
- Medical benefits, beginning your first day of employment
- Vision benefits
- Fully paid Dental Insurance
- 20 days’ vacation plus holidays
- Fully paid Life Insurance and Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
Immunocore is an E-Verify employer.