Senior Full Stack Engineer
91 Park Drive, Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY, UK
SENIOR FULL STACK ENGINEER
Join a pioneering biotech with a collegial atmosphere and a passion for harnessing every individual’s unique set of skills in our fight against disease.
At Immunocore, we have a vision to transform the way we understand and treat the most challenging medical conditions of our time, including cancer, autoimmune disorders and infection. In January 2022, in the U.S., we launched the world’s first T-cell receptor therapy, built on a novel technology designed to overcome the limitations of our natural immune systems.
Joining us at the most exciting time in our history, you will be part of a team that values trust and innovation, and that cherishes different ways of thinking.
- Critically identifying flaws in the current system and proposing solutions.
- Development and maintenance of production-quality modules for the Immunocore pipeline database system.
- End to end application lifecycle.
- Development and maintenance of key analysis pipelines.
- Support planning of systems architecture.
- Provide assistance to ensure that all produced software is fully tested.
- Management and orchestration of software versions across development, staging, and production environments.
- Liaising with scientists to gather and refine system requirements.
- Implementing the integration of commercial software tools and platforms to enhance the system where appropriate.
- Good understanding of general object-oriented programming principles.
- Good understanding of programming patterns.
- Advanced understanding of python, including classes, abstractions, patterns, virtual environments, tests).
- Good understanding of SQL and ORM.
- Familiar with cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with API design.
- Familiarity with change management systems.
- Professional experience in the development of web-based applications.
- Quick to understand new concepts.
- Experience as a full-stack developer.
- Previously developed web-framework in python (django/flask).
- Familiar with: React/angular, typescript, terraform, ansible, non-SQL databases.
- Exposure to bioinformatics workflow design.
- Experience with autoscaling cloud tools, or HPC.
- Previously worked as part of a team on a large software development project.
- Excellent version control habits.
- Adept at writing comprehensive unit tests.
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- Familiarity with writing scientific software.
- An interest in cancer, immunology, molecular biology, or genetics.
- An ability to explain software development concepts to non-specialists.
Education & Qualifications:
No formal qualifications required, but degree-level computing degree preferred combined with experience as a professional software developer.
Lead with Science and Discover What is Within:
- We Value Entrepreneurship and Diversity
- Respect, Trust, and Integrity
- Competitive compensation
- Private medical and dental benefits.
- 25 days Annual Leave and Bank Holidays
- 4x Salary Life Insurance
- 5% Pension Match
- Income Protection
- Parental Leave