Principal Scientist, Translational Medicine Lab
91 Park Drive, Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY, UK
PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST, TRANSLATIONAL MEDICINE LAB
Join a pioneering biotech with a collegial atmosphere and a passion for harnessing every individual’s unique set of skills in our fight against disease.
At Immunocore, we have a vision to transform the way we understand and treat the most challenging medical conditions of our time, including cancer, autoimmune disorders and infection. In January 2022, in the U.S., we launched the world’s first T-cell receptor therapy, built on a novel technology designed to overcome the limitations of our natural immune systems.
Joining us at the most exciting time in our history, you will be part of a team that values trust and innovation, and that cherishes different ways of thinking.
- Design and conduct experiments to investigate the mechanism of action of ImmTAX and to test predictive hypotheses using pre-clinical models and patient derived samples.
- Design assays to investigate various combination therapies for the purpose of improving efficacy, potency, and safety of our therapeutics.
- Actively contribute to and support the Translational Medicine publication output in high impact journals and key conferences.
- Serve as translational medicine representative in cross functional working groups and committees.
- Mentor and line manage junior members of the Translational Medicine Lab team by providing scientific and technical leadership.
- Keep abreast of technical advances in relevant fields through self-study and attending training sessions and conferences.
- Communicate results internally in lab meetings and seminars and externally in relevant conferences.
- Conduct and analyse experiments and record data in a timely manner following Company procedures.
- Operate in accordance with the company’s health and safety policies.
- Advanced knowledge of cancer biology and tumour models.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in dissecting mechanisms of drug resistance in cancers.
- In depth experience in a range of cellular techniques and immunoassays including Elispots, ELISA, multiplex assays, and killing assays.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and work to agreed deadlines and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in complex cell culture models including 3D cultures and organoids.
- Ex vivo analysis of tumour biopsies and tumour infiltrating lymphocytes.
- Experience with mouse models, e.g. NSG.
- Experience in mentoring and supervision of junior staff.
- Experience in application of GCP principles to the analysis of clinical trial samples.
- PhD in Cancer Biology, Immuno-Oncology, or related discipline.
- Considerable industrial or post-doctoral academic experience.
- Demonstrated record of scientific accomplishments including high impact publications and presentations at conferences.
Lead with Science and Discover What is Within:
- We Value Entrepreneurship and Diversity
- Respect, Trust, and Integrity
- Competitive compensation
- Private medical and dental benefits.
- 25 days Annual Leave and Bank Holidays
- 4x Salary Life Insurance
- 5% Pension Match
- Income Protection
- Parental Leave