Associate Scientist - Upstream Process Development (CMC)
Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T Cell antigen receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTAXs, as a novel class of treatments for cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases.
Immunocore has a well- established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The main purpose of the role is to conduct experimental investigation, with supervision and guidance from colleagues and managers, enabling the advancement of the company pipeline, process, or technology capabilities.
- Conducting experiments, observing, interpreting and responding to results.
- Maintaining and increasing technical knowledge in relevant fields through self-study, observation, attending relevant conferences and training courses.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work by completing laboratory notebooks on time, following Company procedures
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Operated in a bench-based microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology, analytical or biopharmaceutical laboratory environment with experience or familiarity in these areas:
- Routine microbial culture operations
- Microbial expression of recombinant proteins
- Aseptic techniques
- Basic protein biochemistry and/or molecular biology
- Competent in the safe use of general laboratory equipment
- Recorded results and information in a concise, accurate and timely way as part of studies or in a work environment
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment
- Mammalian expression
- Experience of working with bioreactors
- Molecular biology
- Able to interpret results with minimal guidance
- Proficient in general laboratory analysis software
- Implemented or influenced best lab practice
- Worked in an industrial/biotechnology laboratory environment
Essential: GCSE in mathematics, English and science
Desirable: BSc. or MSc. in protein engineering, microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology or related discipline