Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T Cell antigen receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTAXs, as a novel class of treatments for cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases.Immunocore has a well- established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The Research department are now seeking a Senior Scientist to join their Protein Science Research team, the main purpose of the role to design and conduct experimental investigations enabling the advancement of the Company pipeline, process, or technology capabilities, proposing improvements for consideration by colleagues and managers.
- Lead next generation sequencing scientist in the company, providing ongoing NGS sequencing support for pipeline, process enhancement and discovery sciences, with appropriate data storage, QC, data processing and relevant analysis of data.
- Provide technical and scientific advice for other scientist in all phases of R&D work, and advise on genomics problems.
- Develop NGS methodologies for T cell receptor (TCR) / Antibody sequencing
- Conducting experiments, observing, interpreting and responding to results.
- Maintaining and increasing technical knowledge in relevant fields through self-study, observation, attending relevant conferences and training courses.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work by completing laboratory notebooks on time, following Company procedures
- Ensuring that laboratory equipment is operated in accordance with safety and risk guidelines; acting promptly to report any faults or problems to the relevant member of staff.
- Operating in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety policies, especially within a laboratory environment.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Expert knowledge of current NGS technologies (including Illumina, Nanopore, 10X genomics), including extensive practical experience of sample preparation, data processing and associated literature
- Expert in DNA manipulation including cloning, PCR and library generation.
- Basic coding to enable development of NGS processing pipeline and analytical software
- Experience with bioinformatics software platforms preferably (Seven Bridges)
- Experience with phage display an advantage
- Kept abreast of current scientific writing and concepts
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Essential: MSc. in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, protein engineering, biochemistry, or related discipline
- Desirable: PhD in related discipline
- Desirable: Relevant industrial or post-doctoral academic experience