Immunocore is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a unique platform of T cell receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTAXs. The company is developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
Our Pipeline Biology department has an immediate opening for an Associate Scientist or Scientist (dependent on experience) to join the TCR Discovery team. The post holder should have proven practical experience in molecular biology, with demonstrable skills in problem-solving, attention to detail and the ability to work collaboratively. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and motivated scientist to become part of a high-performing and dynamic team.
- Execute TCR sequencing experiments for the ImmTAX pipeline, following set protocols and in accordance with set timelines.
- Make detailed observations, analyse sequencing output and ensure accurate handover of results to relevant teams. Demonstrate scientific rigor in assessing data.
- Maintain accurate records of all work, completing laboratory notebooks on time and following Company procedures.
- Contribute to the operational running and maintenance of laboratories and equipment.
- Operate in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety policies.
- Effectively present results at internal meetings.
- Understand priorities and objectives, alerting managers to any perceived risks or delays.
- Continually strive to increase knowledge in relevant fields through review of the scientific literature, discussion with colleagues both within and outside the TCR Discovery team and attending relevant seminars.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Worked in a bench-based molecular biology laboratory environment.
- Competent in primer design, PCR, cloning, gene construction and basic sequence analysis.
- Experience with contamination sensitive RNA/DNA manipulation.
- Proven experience in experimental design and troubleshooting.
- Experience with single cell sequencing technologies and amplicon based NGS work streams desirable.
- Experience with automated liquid handling and robotics desirable.
- Basic bioinformatics skills desirable.
- Experience with mammalian protein expression systems desirable.
- Proven ability to drive lab-based projects.
- Competent in the safe use of general laboratory equipment.
- Recorded results in a concise and timely way.
- Learnt about new practices based through observation, self-learning and an enquiring mind.
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment.
- Presented results and scientific practices.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Immunology desirable.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Essential: BSc. or MSc. in a Life Science or related discipline.
- Desirable: PhD in a relevant discipline.