Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T Cell antigen receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTAXs, as a novel class of treatments for cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases. Immunocore has a well- established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The Research department are now seeking a Scientist to join their Biology Pipeline team with the key purpose to conduct and design experimental investigations, in association with the team and with appropriate guidance from colleagues and managers, enabling the advancement of the Company pipeline, process, or technology capabilities.
- Conducting experiments, observing, interpreting and responding to results.
- Maintaining and increasing technical knowledge in relevant fields through self-study, observation, attending relevant conferences and training courses.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work by completing laboratory notebooks on time, following Company procedures
- Ensuring that laboratory equipment is operated in accordance with safety and risk guidelines; acting promptly to report any faults or problems to the relevant member of staff.
- Operating in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety policies, especially within a laboratory environment.
- Conduct TCR sequencing to enable TCR Discovery for ImmTAX pipeline, following set protocols and in accordance with set timelines.
- Analyse sequencing output and ensure accurate handover of results to appropriate teams.
- Lead experimental work towards projects assigned by manager/supervisor and contribute to defining questions and suggesting lines of investigation within these projects.
- Present or contribute to data communications with programme teams, e.g. presentations in meetings, contribution to slide decks for meetings, report writing.
- Contribute to the operational running and maintenance of laboratories and equipment.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Understanding of the ImmTAX platform, the TCR Discovery-specific remit and interconnections with other functions.
- Worked in a bench-based molecular biology laboratory environment with the following expertise:
- General molecular biology skills including primer design, PCR, cloning, gene construction and sequence analysis,
- Experience with contamination sensitive RNA/DNA manipulation,
- Design and troubleshooting of molecular biology based experiments .
- Proven experience with single cell sequencing technologies and amplicon based NGS work streams.
- Experience with automated liquid handling and robotics.
- Basic bioinformatics skills desirable.
- Experience with mammalian protein expression systems desirable.
- Proven ability to lead lab-based projects.
- Experience in mentoring others.
- Competent in the safe use of general laboratory equipment
- Recorded results in a concise and timely way, and in compliance with agreed standards
- Learnt about new practices based through observation, self-learning and an enquiring mind
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment
- Presented results and scientific practices
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Immunology
- Able to meaningfully contribute on occasion to scientific team discussions, in particular with regards to the interpretation of their own data
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc. or MSc. in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, protein engineering, biochemistry, or related discipline (E)
- PhD in related discipline (D)
Application closing date: 31st July 2020