Global Procurement Lead
Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T Cell antigen receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTAXs, as a novel class of treatments for cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases.
Immunocore has a well- established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The Global Procurement Lead is responsible for developing a centralised competitive and robust procurement bid and approval process that meets compliance and governance standards. Negotiating all contracts, carrying out due diligence to ensure we are partnering with suppliers who meet our expectations (ethical, sustainability), align with our values and deliver the best return on investment. To ensure our supplier contracts mitigate any financial and legal exposure and risks.
- Ownership of Procurement throughout the global organisation.
- Responsibility for generating procurement savings.
- Determine and select preferred suppliers for each function and drive supplier consolidation.
- Negotiate global contracts.
- Proactively negotiating terms and conditions at contract development / statement of work level.
- Review all early payment mechanisms and create process to reduce their use within the business.
- Ownership of Contract Governance process.
- Ensuring the process is followed across the organisation and monitoring and identifying gaps and risks.
- Review of all contracts in line with the process ensuring involved from contract negotiation/draft stage.
- Control and audit of contract governance process throughout organization.
- Manage (admin role) contract management system, assigning contract flow for each contract.
- Responsible for reviewing key suppliers.
- Regular review of performance against contracts for key suppliers.
- Refreshing on-boarding checks for existing suppliers.
- Establish and maintain meaningful procurement KPIs demonstrating savings and benefits delivered to Immunocore Group.
- Responsible for data analysis to support procurement decisions and focus.
- Key stakeholder of contracts database.
- Maintain horizontal alignment with CMC and Clinical Contract/procurement specialists on common objectives and KPIs.
Experience & Knowledge
- Experience with Pharma/Biotech ideally with Clinical, CMC and Research functions or at least some of those
- Procurement experience ideally in a large international company over 5 years
- Experience carrying on negotiations with Global suppliers
- Experience of working in or closely with international companies, ideally with a US presence
- Proven ability to drive change in a fast-moving environment
- Evidence of continuous improvement mentality, demonstrating improving and transforming processes, including leveraging effectively technology
- Experience of delivering business cases, profitability analysis
- Hands on capabilities to work with large transactional files in excel and accounting systems
- Excel skills including formulas and tables
- Evidence of credibility with management and external stakeholders
- Evidence of successful procurement track record and project management
- Experience of working capital management
- Economics or Business degree and/or Accounting qualification