Scientist - Upstream Process Development (CMC)
Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T Cell antigen receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTAXs, as a novel class of treatments for cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases.
Immunocore has a well- established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The main purpose of the role is to conduct and design experimental investigations, in association with the team and with appropriate guidance from colleagues and managers, enabling the advancement of the Company pipeline, process, or technology capabilities.
- Conducting experiments, observing, interpreting and responding to results.
- Following experimental protocols and writing reports
- Planning and carrying out priorities, with guidance from line manager or other team members.
- Maintaining and increasing technical knowledge in relevant fields through self-study, observation and attending relevant conferences or training courses.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work by completing laboratory notebook on time, following Company procedures.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Worked in a bench-based microbial, biochemistry, molecular biology, analytical or biopharmaceutical laboratory environment gaining the following experience:
- Aseptic technique and microbial manipulation
- Microbial fermentations, including use of bioreactors
- Recombinant protein expression
- Microbial cell banking and characterisation
- Recorded results in a concise and timely way, and in compliance with agreed standards
- Able to interpret results with minimal guidance
- Learnt about new practices based through observation, self-learning and an enquiring mind
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment
- Molecular biology skills
- Mammalian expression
- Experience with protein purification techniques and operation of purification equipment
- Biophysical characterisation of proteins
- Troubleshooting recombinant protein expression
- Have an awareness of cGMP and biopharmaceutical manufacturing requirements
- Presented scientific findings and progress to internal and external audiences, including to partners
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc. or MSc. or PhD in biochemical or protein engineering, biochemistry, molecular biology, microbiology or related discipline