Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T Cell antigen receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTAXs, as a novel class of treatments for cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases.
Immunocore has a well- established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The Technician is responsible for supporting the CMC team by ensuring essential operational tasks are carried out
- General Laboratory housekeeping
- Waste disposal and treatment
- Stock control
- Maintaining local stores
- Labs are suitably stocked with reagents and consumables
- Distributing lab reagents and consumables
- Overseeing the maintenance/ servicing of basic laboratory equipment
- Notifying the Facilities team of building / equipment any faults or problems
- Maintaining laboratory glassware
- Ensuring specified laboratory equipment is maintained in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
Experience & knowledge
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook.
- Good Communication skills - Ensuring information and work is passed on correctly and in a timely way to those who depend on it.
- Shown flexibility and willingness to learn new techniques and practices.
- Following instructions and protocols
- Maintenance of accurate records
- Teamwork - Working cooperatively as part of a team
- Worked within a laboratory environment
- EHS experience
- Managing waste streams
- Awareness of COSHH management
- Good manual handling techniques / training
Education & qualifications
- Minimum of GCSE or equivalent in a scientific discipline
- Desirable: A Levels in a scientific discipline or equivalent