Scientist, Immunohistochemistry (Translational Medicine)
Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company leading the development of a novel platform of T cell receptor-based therapeutics for the treatments of cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases.
Immunocore has a well- established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
We are now seeking a Scientist to conduct and design experimental investigations using Immunohistochemistry and/or Immunofluorescence to analyse clinical trial and non-clinical samples, alongside supporting diagnostic activities.
- Performing Immunohistochemical or IF (single/multiplex) analysis on patient samples from clinical trials using previously established assays. Antibody specificity testing and setting up new GCP-compliant IHC protocols for patient sample analysis.
- Perform experimental investigation of target expression/frequency and exploring candidate biomarkers in non-clinical disease tissue, using IHC/IF, RNA ISH, and/or molecular biology techniques such as RT-qPCR and next-generation sequencing.
- Support diagnostics activities with histological, IHC and molecular techniques, such as antibody specificity testing, protocol optimisation and validation. Identification of sample sets for assay validation by CRO.
- Digital histology image capture analysis, following previously established protocols, or protocol development with support.
- Performing experimental procedures, equipment maintenance and keeping experimental and maintenance records in accordance with HTA and /or GCP standards, as relevant.
- Analysis and preparation of experimental results for presentation within matrix project teams.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Background in histopathology, cell biology and/or immunology.
- Experience in histology and immunohistochemistry techniques.
- Worked in a bench-based molecular biology laboratory environment.
- Experience with diagnostics assay development for patient selection in clinical trials.
- Recorded results in a concise and timely way, helping shape the agreed standards and approach.
- Learnt about new practices based through observation, self-learning and an enquiring mind.
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment.
- Experience with immuno-pathology.
- Significant experience of RNA in situ hybridization and/or multiplex IHC/IF.
- Experience analysing clinical trial samples with IHC or IF based biomarkers.
- Experience with qRT-PCR assay development and validation.
- Experience with digital image analysis.
- Experience in a GCP- and/or HTA-regulated environment.
- Presented results and scientific practices to internal teams.
- Mentored and coached colleagues in scientific practices and theory.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Essential: BSc. Or MSc. in Biological Sciences, Oncology, Immunology or other related discipline
- Desirable: PhD in related discipline