Scientist, Translational Medicine Lab
Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company leading the development of a novel platform of T cell receptor-based therapeutics for the treatments of cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases.
Immunocore has a well- established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
We are now seeking an enthusiastic Scientist to join the Translational Medicine Lab team. The main purpose of the role is to design and conduct experiments using patient samples from clinical trials in order to generate predictive hypotheses and further our understanding of the mechanism of action of our therapeutics.
- Design and perform multi-colour flow cytometry analysis of patient samples from our clinical trials.
- Perform biomarker analysis of serum samples from clinical trials.
- Perform experimental procedures, equipment maintenance and keeping experimental and maintenance records in accordance with HTA and /or GCP standards, as relevant.
- Communicate results internally in lab meetings and seminars and externally in relevant conferences.
- Keep abreast of technical advances in relevant fields through self-study and attending training sessions and conferences.
- Operate in accordance with the company’s health and safety policies.
Experience and Knowledge
- In depth experience in multi-colour flow cytometry and immunophenotyping using clinical trial samples.
- Competency in performing and analysing immunoassays such as ELISA and multiplex assays (eg MSD and Luminex).
- Aseptic cell culture techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and work to agreed deadlines.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in application of GCP / HTA principles to the analysis of clinical trial samples.
- Experience in risk assessment responsibilities.
- Knowledge of T cell Immunology / cancer biology.
Education and qualifications
- Essential: MSc in Immunology or Cancer Biology or related discipline.
- Desirable: PhD in related discipline with relevant industrial or postdoctoral experience.