Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T Cell antigen receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTAX molecules, as a novel class of treatments for cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases. Immunocore has a well-established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
We are seeking highly motivated Senior Scientists to join our Proteomics team to support the discovery and validation of peptides from pipeline targets. As well as contributing to the general management of the mass spectrometry facility, the successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the validation process, including experimental design, sample preparation, data acquisition and interpretation. The job holder will work in collaboration with various teams across Immunocore and will be responsible for communicating data to senior managers.
- Plan and conduct proteomics / immunopeptidomics / mass spectrometry experiments and analyse and interpret data responding to results.
- Develop and optimise proteomics / immunopeptidomics methodologies for the identification, quantification, and validation of targets for the pipeline.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of HPLCs and mass spectrometry equipment.
- Provide technical and scientific support to other scientists in all stages of R&D work and advise on proteomics / mass spectrometry related questions.
- Present or contribute to the communication of results to senior management, other departments within the organization, external collaborators, and conferences.
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge in relevant fields through self-study, observation, attending relevant conferences and training courses.
- Maintain accurate records of all work by completing laboratory notebooks on time, following Company procedures.
Experience and knowledge
- Worked in a biophysics, biochemistry, or cell biology laboratory with a recognized and established expertise in proteomics or a proteomics-related discipline.
- Ability to independently operate and troubleshoot LC-MS/MS instruments.
- Proficient in mass spectrometry data analysis tools, such as: PEAKS, Proteome Discoverer, Skyline, MaxQuant, TPP, ProteinPilot.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical mindset capable of interpreting complex datasets and proposing sound experimental strategies.
- Ability to work independently on routine experiments with limited supervision.
- Team player with good communication skills capable of interacting with different departments.
- Recorded observations and results in a concise and timely way, and in compliance with agreed standards.
- Mentored and coached less experienced colleagues in scientific practices and theory.
- Previous experience in the immunopeptidomics field and mass spectrometry analysis of endogenous non-tryptic peptides.
- Familiarity with affinity purification of proteins, peptides and/or metabolites.
- Experienced in quantitative workflows including TMT, dimethyl labelling, absolute quantification with stable isotope labelled peptides, and PRM/MRM based workflows.
- Detailed technical knowledge and ability in nanoflow chromatography.
- Operational knowledge of basic programming language, such as R, Perl, Python, SQL, etc.
- Previous experience in tissue/cell culture.
- Worked with more complex molecular biology tools for probing cellular behaviour including cell transfections, RNAi, CRISPR and others.
- Published research in the field of Immunopeptidomics; presented findings at external conferences.
Education and qualification
- A degree in Life Sciences, or related discipline.
- PhD or MSc in chemistry, biochemistry, or a relevant scientific area.
- Relevant postgraduate experience (2+ years) working in an industrial or academic setting.