Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T Cell antigen receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTAX molecules, as a novel class of treatments for cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases. Immunocore has a well-established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
We are seeking an Associate Scientists to join our Proteomics team to support the discovery and validation of peptides from pipeline targets. The successful candidate will contribute to the general management of the mass spectrometry facility, and conduct experimental investigations, under the supervision and guidance of colleagues and line manager.
- Conduct pre-established proteomics / immunopeptidomics / mass spectrometry experiments with guidance from line managers, or senior colleagues.
- Help maintaining the proteomics / mass spectrometry facility.
- Actively develop own knowledge and lab skills, drawing on the experience of others and self-learning.
- Working to agreed experimental priorities and deadlines.
- Ensure that all records and data are up to date, on time and recorded to the expected standard, checking with a mentor or colleagues if unsure.
- Comply with all H&S requirements, attending appropriate training programmes.
Experience and knowledge
- Some experience of bench-based molecular biology, biochemistry or analytical chemistry gaining an understanding of i) SDS PAGE, ELISA assays, western blotting, pH measurements, spectrometry, and aseptic technique; ii) generation of buffers and reagents following operational procedures; iii) operating general laboratory equipment in a safe manner.
- Recorded results and information in a concise, accurate and timely manner as part of studies or in a work environment.
- Previous experience working in a laboratory environment (academic or industry).
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment.
- Experience working within a biophysical discipline.
- Proactive in ensuring high quality of their work and seeking additional responsibilities to help meeting the goals of the team.
- Some experience in the field of proteomics and mass spectrometry.
- Familiarity with protein purification/ separation technique such as HPLC and nano-HPLC.
- Experience of lab organisation/maintenance.
- Commitment to growing and learning labs skills and scientific theories
Education and qualification
- A degree in Life Sciences, or related discipline.
- BSc or MSc in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, or a relevant scientific area.