Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T Cell receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTAXs, as a novel class of treatments for cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases.
Immunocore has a well- established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Project Manager will ensure on time and on budget delivery of Immunocore’s Life Cycle Management Plan of their leading oncology and infectious disease products. Working closely with the Program Leader, this position will be responsible for developing and maintaining an integrative project plan for the cross-functional, global program team, and provide guidance and leadership to internal and external stakeholders.
In addition, the project manager will support any high priority, ad hoc projects in the company. This will include working with other parts of the organization, i.e. Finance, IT, etc. and ensuring these projects will be delivered on time.
• Develop project plans using MS Project. Implement and continually monitor progress against project plans and revise, by directly liaising with functional leads and team members.
• Facilitate effective project team meetings and ensure meeting minutes, action items and team decisions are documented.
• Prepare key project and portfolio summary documents for leadership group.
• Proactively identify issues and mobilize team towards agile decision-making.
• Reinforce deadlines, ensuring specific goals are set with realistic timeframes, prioritized and then each deliverable is tracked to ensure on-time completion.
• Work closely with regulatory group to prepare appropriate regulatory submission documentation (e.g., pre-IND, IDE, IND, MAA)
• Provide accountable delivery of regular program KPI updates to senior management.
• Foster communication between, development, commercial, finance, medical affairs, and other business departments (across US and UK offices).
• Be a key driver of continued integration and utilization of standardized project management tools by project team members. Provide technical support to project team members who are less proficient in the use of project management tools.
Experience & knowledge
• 3-5 years of experience in Life Cycle Management, registration studies, and managing of external scientific research studies.
• Proficiency with MS Project
• Familiarity with PM tools and practices
• Experience in a multidiscipline role (CMC, Clinical, Regulatory Affairs) with focus on Commercial and Medical Affairs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft environment (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, SharePoint, Skype)
• A fast learner that leverages core talents and skills rapidly in new and complex environments
• An analytical thinker who is energized by delving into complex projects
• A resourceful problem-solver who seeks out effective and efficient solutions
• Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team setting.
• Accomplishes goals under project timelines.
KEY BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES – ALL STAFF
• Openness and honesty
Readily offering information pertaining to work in hand whether positive or negative.
• Taking responsibility
Being prepared to accept full responsibility for tasks entrusted to them; seeing tasks through to completion and dealing with the consequences of failure or success.
Being flexible to new ideas and approaches; changes of plans, objectives and/or priorities. Handling disjointed tasks effectively.
• Team spirit
Being able to work productively with others to achieve tasks. Showing consideration for the needs and feelings of others.
Education & qualifications
• Educated to BS/ BA level or higher in life science discipline or equivalent
• PMP certification preferred but not necessary