The Contract Manager's role is to ensure consistent management of all contracts through management of the contract process, development of account-specific standards, documentation and negotiations of vendor and site contracts, when necessary, and development and management of KPls throughout the lifecycle of clinical trials.
• Overall management responsibility for the contract process, including coordination of Operations, Project Management, Legal, Business Development and Finance to prepare, review, and negotiate contract with vendors and sites when necessary.
• Ongoing proactive involvement with project management in review of project status, including review of contractual status to ensure compliance with contractual terms and milestones and identification of changes in scope in contracts.
• Lead and /or participate in the development and requests for proposals, participate in bid defense process.
• Ongoing interface with internal teams and vendors regarding contractual issues during the lifetime of a project.
• Create , negotiate and finalize contractual document s, including initial agreements, work orders, and change order s.
• Build and Development partnerships and template Work Orders with future partners
• Lead and/or participate in the creation, revisi on, and negotiation of master service agreements (MSAs) and similar documents
• Provide continuing support חס executed agreements (e.g., drafting amendments, extensions and terminations, interpreting contractual language in response to issues or questions that arise)
• Follow internal company processes related to contract management systems and department processes; offer and contribute to existing or new department process guidelines to ensure consistencies and improvements
• ldentifies possible contract or process operational risk and proactively works within the team to provide solutions. Establishes strong working relationships with internal project teams. Escalates deviations to appropriate internal management.
• Development and presentation of account-specific standards for contracts, including presentation of budgets, payment terms, standard contract language, et c., and discussion/negotiation with vendors/sites as appropriate.
• Ensure all applicable documents are processed and maintained/archived in relevant database s.
• Participate in the development and testing of tools and procedure s, as needed .
• Responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating multi country clinical trial agreements, site budgets and related documents for clinical trial s. Reviews contracts and budgets for