Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T cell antigen receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTAX molecules, as a novel class of treatments for cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases. Immunocore has a well-established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
We are looking for a collaborative and enthusiastic Senior Scientist to join our Autoimmune team. Based on our world leading TCR technology platform we are discovering and advancing novel targeted therapeutic agents for the treatment of Autoimmunity and Inflammation (ImmTAAIs).
This is a very exciting opportunity for a passionate and creative team player who is keen to learn, innovate, collaborate and contribute to successes of a high-performance team within a pioneering, clinical-stage biotechnology company. The candidate should have a PhD in Immunology or Cellular Immunology, with at least 3 years of relevant postdoctoral industrial or academic experience. A strong background in inflammation and/or autoimmune immunology is a key requirement, together with a proven track record of scientific accomplishments. Previous work experience in a high profile autoimmune/inflammation research group would be a distinct advantage.
- Independently design, conduct and interpret cellular screening assays and studies to probe the biology of immune cells in the context of autoimmunity
- Contribute to the autoimmune biology platform by isolating and characterising various immune cells, participating in the generation of disease-relevant models using cell lines, T cell clones and primary cells
- Conceive and lead studies to profile drug candidates and demonstrate proof of concept
- Interpret and communicate data at internal and external meetings
- Actively participate in team and project meetings, supporting the Autoimmune team by providing innovative ideas and suggestions
- Stay abreast of relevant literature, have in-depth understanding of the pathophysiology of Autoimmune diseases and contribute to scientific strategy of the Autoimmune team
- Contribute to routine lab maintenance and organisation
- Ability to design and run cell-based assays / functional assays to address key scientific questions
- Proficiency in isolation of various immune cells (CD8+, CD4+ T cells, Treg and monocytes), maintenance of cell lines and primary cell culture
- Experience in immunology techniques such as ELISA, T cell killing assay, cytokine analysis and reporter assay technologies.
- High attention to detail, good time management and excellent communication skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently
- Ability to mentor more junior scientists and assist with the planning/supervision of their lab work
- In depth expertise in Flow cytometry techniques
We look forward to meeting you!