Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Research Operations Manager. This high-visibility role requires a motivated individual who will help develop, implement, and manage process improvements across the Research department. We are looking for an individual with a science background and base knowledge interested in remaining involved in an exciting and dynamic field from an operational perspective. The role requires a self-starter who is confident, organized, detail-oriented, and methodical, and who is comfortable interacting with people at all levels, including company leadership. The Research Operations Manager will develop process improvements and best practices, help manage and analyze spending and budgets with an eye towards optimizing Research’s use of its financial resources and help Research leadership develop updates for the Immunocore Leadership Team. The role holder will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer and will work closely with leaders across Research as well as other departments.
Budget management and Research best practices
- Identify and investigate improvement areas and opportunities across Research.
- Help establish research business practices; contribute to the development of a research business guide (i.e., a how-to manual).
- Monitor and track overall research spend, especially in the area of consumables. Lead a cost savings group within Research.
- Ensure regular communication and update to Research leaders on actual vs projected spending.
- Shepherd Research collaborations from planning through implementation. Engage key Immunocore stakeholders in Research, Legal, and Contracts to ensure execution of collaboration agreements on time and within budget.
- Oversee management of external conference attendance and associated budgeting.
- Track requests, approvals, and budget for scientific training.
- Help managers with on-boarding new Scientists by creating an induction plan.
- Assist with research business updates to the Immunocore Leadership Team (ILT).
- Work with project leaders and Portfolio Management to structure and manage pre-portfolio discovery projects.
- Assist in developing compelling business cases for presentation to Immunocore leadership, integrating the scientific vision for Research with tangible measures of productivity and efficiency.
- Assist with the scheduling of Research governance meetings and Townhalls.
- Schedule, arrange, and manage research seminars.
- Help plan the agenda for external scientist visits and board meetings. Help invited speakers with travel arrangements and expense reimbursements. Act as the main point of contact for invited speakers on the day of the visit and answer logistical questions.
- Provide support for biosafety meetings by planning and scheduling the meetings with various stakeholders to ensure Immunocore is compliant and safe.
- Manage the accessibility of scientific papers for the Scientists and maintain the repository for same.
- Work with Research leadership to suggest and implement additional ways to ensure smooth and effective functioning of the Research department.
Skills & Competencies:
- Minimum BS/BA in relevant scientific area (biochemistry, immunology, etc.) that will enable the individual to develop a strong basic understanding of Immunocore’s science and technology
- Previous experience with project management and/or budget management desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective planning and time-management skills
- Resourceful, flexible, driven, and self-motivated
- Comfort around senior leaders; willingness to speak-up and make suggestions