Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To conduct experimental investigation, with supervision and guidance from colleagues and managers, enabling the advancement of the company pipeline, process, or technology capabilities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES – ALL SCIENTISTS
• Conducting experiments, observing, interpreting and responding to results.
• Maintaining and increasing technical knowledge in relevant fields through self-study, observation, attending relevant conferences and training courses.
• Maintaining accurate records of all work by completing laboratory notebooks on time, following Company procedures
• Ensuring that laboratory equipment is operated in accordance with safety and risk guidelines; acting promptly to report any faults or problems to the relevant member of staff.
• Operating in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety policies, especially within a laboratory environment.
• Commitment to growing and learning labs skills and scientific theories
• May also act as a mentor or manager to other colleagues, especially new hires
• Experiments: running pre-established experimental investigations, with guidance from line managers, a mentor or colleagues.
• Priorities: working to agreed experimental priorities and deadlines; raising issues or concerns with managers or colleagues so that these can be addressed.
• Technical knowledge: actively developing own knowledge, drawing on the experience of others and self-learning.
• Laboratory records: Ensuring that all records and data are up to date, on time and recorded to the correct standard, checking with a mentor or colleagues if unsure.
• Laboratory equipment: attending training on the use of technical instruments, using equipment appropriately, correctly and tidily.
• Health & Safety: compliance with all H&S requirements, attending appropriate training programmes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES – ROLE SPECIFIC
• Cloning expression and engineering constructs for various molecules including TCRs.
• Sequence verification of DNA constructs.
• Maintaining and expanding various cell lines.
• Maintaining a FACS sorter to ensure optimal functionality.
• Basic FACS sorting of various cell lines.
• Support experimental work of the teams senior and principal scientists.
• Analyse and report experimental results verbally and in writing.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• Operated in a bench- based laboratory environment with competence in key techniques relevant to the department.
• Competent in the safe use of general laboratory equipment
• Recorded results and information in a concise, accurate and timely way as part of studies or in a work environment
• Learnt about new practices based through observation, self-learning and an enquiring mind
• Worked in an industrial / biotechnology laboratory environment.
• Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE – ROLE SPECIFIC
• Experience with molecular cloning of DNA constructs including primer design and PCR.
• Experience of DNA sequence analysis.
• Experience of operating and maintaining flow cytometry and cell sorting equipment.
• Experience in basic FACS sorting experiments.
• Experience in the culture and maintenance of various mammalian cell lines for experimental use.
SPECIFIC BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES
• Analytical Thinking - Tackling problems using a logical, systematic and sequential approach, identifying discrepancies and inconsistencies.
• Attention to Communication - Ensuring information is passed as required it, keeping managers informed on progress and problems, avoiding surprises.
• Diagnostic Information Gathering - Identifying the information required to clarify a situation, asking questions when required.
• Managing Self Performance - Taking responsibility for own performance, clarifying expectations and promptly notifying managers/colleagues of problems affecting potential completion of goals.
• Results Orientated - Focusing on desired results, overcoming obstacles and sometimes frustration, with an urgency to get things done.
• Teamwork - Working cooperatively as part of a team, actively listening and constructively responding to others ideas.
• Thoroughness - Ensuring work and information provided is complete, carefully reviewing and checking the accuracy of information and work.
• Written and oral communication - Writing and speaking clearly to share thoughts and information concisely and appropriately.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
• BSc. Or MSc. in protein engineering, biochemistry, molecular biology or related discipline (E)