Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
Our Pipeline Biology department has an immediate opening for an Associate Scientist to join the TCR Discovery team. The post holder should have proven practical experience in molecular biology, with demonstrable skills in problem-solving, attention to detail and the ability to work collaboratively. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and motivated scientist to become part of a high-performing and dynamic team.
Department: Pipeline Biology
Reports to: Group Leader, Preclinical Biology
• Conduct and analyse cell biology assays supporting ImmTAX screening and/or preclinical packages, following set protocols and/or manager/supervisor’s guidance in accordance with set timelines.
• Contribute to communication of results, e.g. contribution to slide decks for meetings, preclinical study report writing.
• Contribute to the operational running and maintenance of Cell Biology laboratories and equipment.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• Knowledge of and experience with standard preclinical techniques (cancer cell line and normal cell culture, ELISpot assays, killing assays, whole blood assays, flow cytometry, etc.).
• Experience with preclinical packages preferred.
• Experience in study report writing preferred.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
BSc. or MSc. in molecular biology, cell biology, immunology, protein engineering, biochemistry, or related discipline (E)