Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
This is an existing opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join our team and work with the guidance of Laboratory Stewards. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of laboratory stocks to support the Scientists. You will also liaise with suppliers and help to coordinate the company’s online purchasing system.
- Preparation of a range of different media plates (TYE and LB)
- Preparation of a range of different media broth (2YT, LB, AIM, TYP)
- Preparation of aliquots of communal laboratory reagents (antibiotics, BIAcore reagents, DTT…)
- Laboratory supplies:
- Ensuring Scientists are provided with the reagents and consumables they require to perform their role
- Ordering of lab consumables, sequencing barcodes and competent cells
- Laboratory records:
- Ensuring that all records facts, data and information are up to date, on time and recorded to the correct standard, checking with a mentor or colleagues if unsure.
- Laboratory equipment:
- Maintenance / servicing of laboratory instruments (MilliQ water systems, Aria cell sorter, plate pourer…) and notifying the Facilities team immediately of any faults or problems.
- Attending training on the use and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Health & Safety:
- Compliance with all H&S requirements, attending appropriate training programs.
- Technical knowledge:
- Actively developing own knowledge, drawing on the experience of others and self-learning
- Disposal of laboratory waste including autoclaving, if required
- Collecting and cleaning of used laboratory glassware
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience in producing bacterial media and other common molecular biology reagents
- Experience in operating standard equipment used in media prep laboratory
- Previous laboratory experience within protein, microbiology or cell biological sciences
- Knowledge of aseptic technique
- Proven ability to follow detailed protocols and maintain accurate records
- Shown a strong interest in progressing own knowledge in biological sciences
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum of A Level in Biology or equivalent
Lead with Science and Discover What is Within:
- We Value Entrepreneurship and Diversity
- Respect, Trust, and Integrity
- Competitive compensation
- Private medical and dental benefits.
- 25 days Annual Leave and Bank Holidays
- 4x Salary Life Insurance
- 5% Pension Match
- Income Protection
- Parental Leave