Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
To conduct and design experimental investigations, in association with the team and with appropriate guidance from colleagues and managers, enabling the advancement of the Company pipeline, process, or technology capabilities.
- Conduct and analyse standard cell biology assays supporting ImmTAX screening and/or preclinical packages, following set protocols and in accordance with set timelines.
- Design and analyse experiments to answer specific biological questions and contribute to interpretation of the data.
- Lead lab work for preclinical projects assigned by manager/supervisor and contribute to defining questions and suggesting lines of investigation within these projects.
- Present or contribute to communication of results, e.g. presentations in meetings, contribution to slide decks for meetings, preclinical study report writing.
- Contribute to the operational running and maintenance of Cell Biology laboratories and equipment.
- Worked in a bench-based laboratory environment with competence in cell biology and immunology techniques (For example, cancer cell line and primary cell culture, T cell activation and redirected killing assays)
- Recorded results in a concise and timely way, and in compliance with agreed standards
- Able to meaningfully contribute on occasion to scientific team discussions, in particular with regards to the interpretation of their own data
- Learnt about new practices based through observation, self-learning and an enquiring mind
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment
- Presented results and scientific practices with excellent communication and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
Knowledge of Immunology
- Understanding of preclinical drug discovery processes
- Proven ability to lead lab-based cell biology projects.
- Experience with preclinical packages preferred.
- Experience in study report writing preferred.
Education and Qualification:
- BSc. or MSc. in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, protein engineering, biochemistry, or related discipline (E)
- PhD in related discipline (D)