Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
We are looking for an enthusiastic scientist with a passion for learning, to join the Autoimmune Protein Science team. Our team is dedicated to designing and characterising drug molecules to develop novel therapies to treat autoimmune diseases. These molecules, termed ImmTAAIs (Immune-modulating mTCRs against Autoimmunity) are based on Immunocore’s TCR platform technology and are designed to provide targeted immune suppression. If you would like to contribute to this exciting new area and join our dynamic team, we would like to hear from you.
- Running pre-established experimental investigations, with guidance from line managers, a mentor or colleagues
- Designing and producing DNA constructs for TCR and ImmTAX expression
- TCR and ImmTAX expression in bacterial and mammalian cells and purification via affinity tags or using ion-exchange and size exclusion chromatography (AKTA system)
- Analysing TCR and ImmTAX binding affinity, kinetics and specificity using SPR (BIAcore) method
- Identifying specific TCRs from TCR-phage libraries through series of selection rounds
- Analysing and reporting experimental results verbally and in writing
- Maintaining and increasing technical knowledge in relevant fields through self-study, observation, attending relevant conferences and training courses
- Maintaining accurate records of all work by following Company procedures
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Operated in a bench- based laboratory environment with competence in the safe use of general laboratory equipment
- Recorded results and information in a concise, accurate and timely way as part of studies or in a work environment
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment
- Experience in the areas of protein biochemistry:
- Protein expression in bacterial and/or mammalian system
- Protein purification using affinity tags, ion exchange and size exclusion chromatography methods
- Experience in the areas of molecular biology:
- Molecular cloning of DNA constructs (Primer design, PCR and gel electrophoresis)
- Experience in cell biology techniques is desirable:
- Maintenance of different cell lines for experimental use
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc or MSc. in protein engineering, biochemistry, molecular biology or related discipline