Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
The main purpose of the role is to develop methods for the chromatography, electrophoresis and immunoassay based analysis of TCR based recombinant biotherapeutic proteins to support stability, lot release and characterisation testing as part of product development.
- Developing and qualifying (ultra) high performance liquid chromatography (UHPLC), gel / capillary electrophoresis and immunoassay methods that support stability, lot release and characterisation testing as part of biopharmaceutical product development.
- Evaluating novel analytical techniques to support platform development.
- Contributing to method transfer to CMOs.
- Preparing and reviewing study protocols and reports.
- Conducting and designing experimental investigations, with appropriate guidance from colleagues and managers.
- Priorities: planning and working to agreed experiment deadlines, schedules and objectives; advising managers and colleagues of risks and deviations.
- Technical knowledge: demonstrating knowledge on one or more techniques and independently gaining wider scientific knowledge. Sharing acquired skills with colleagues.
- Laboratory records: ensuring that all records and information are up to date, on time and recorded to the correct standard. Proactively seeking guidance on policy if required.
- Laboratory equipment: undergoing training on the use of technical instruments; using equipment appropriately.
- Reporting: communicating and presenting research findings at meetings with colleagues.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- A background in recombinant protein or antibody/biopharmaceutical analytical development or QC, with 2 or more years’ experience gained in industry.
- Hands on expertise of HPLC/UHPLC (e.g. size exclusion, ion exchange, reverse phase, hydrophobic interaction) for analysis of proteins.
- Hands on expertise of electrophoretic (e.g. SDS PAGE) or ELISA methods for analysis of proteins.
- Familiar with principles of assay qualification/ validation i.e. robustness and suitability.
- Familiar with the principles of Good Manufacturing Practise (GMP).
- Recorded results in a concise and timely way, and in compliance with agreed standards.
- Learned about new practices through observation, self-learning and an enquiring mind.
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment.
- Experience of capillary electrophoresis (CE SDS), gel based IEF, imaging capillary IEF, Western blotting.
- Understanding of stability studies principles and interpretation thereof.
- Knowledge of GMP.
- Method development and transfer to or receipt from external parties.
- Presented results and scientific practices to internal teams.
- Understanding of analytical requirements to support materials for use in clinical trials.
You will need a BSc. or MSc. in biochemistry, molecular biology or related discipline.