Senior Scientist (Antibody Research)
91 Park Drive, Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY, UK
Senior Scientist - Antibody Research
Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
- Do you love conducting experiments, observing, interpreting and responding to results?
- Are you passionate about maintaining and increasing technical knowledge in relevant fields through self-study, observation, attending relevant conferences and training courses?
- Is ensuring that laboratory equipment is operated in accordance with safety and risk guidelines; acting promptly to report any faults or problems to the relevant member of staff, your forte?
- Do you place a real emphasis on operating in accordance with Health and Safety policies, especially within a laboratory environment?
- Perform immunological assays such as ELISpot/ELISA, killing assays and FACS using multiple cell types.
- On-board a range of cell assays appropriate to the functional effector being assessed and provide guidance and input to research and pre-clinical scientists.
- Design and implementation of high-throughput screening assays for potency and specificity assessment.
- Transfer of stablished screening assays to automated platforms.
- Manage/maintain multiple cell lines.
- Generate concise reports on-the-fly as data is generated and adapt assays to return most information-rich data.
- Assimilate multiparameter data and disseminate data in an efficient way.
- Able to meaningfully contribute to scientific team discussions, in particular with regards to the interpretation of data.
- Knowledge of Immunology and experience of performing immunological assays
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experienced in cell-based assay development and assay miniaturisation.
- Experienced in automation and use of liquid handling robots (e.g. Hamilton robotic platform or similar) to increase functional assay efficiency.
- Experienced in assay transfer to automated platforms
- Previous experience working with T cells/lymphocyte assays or immunological assays
- Adept at co-ordinating assay management across functions.
- Previous experience in screening biotherapeutics (e.g. antibodies, bi-/multi-specifics) beneficial.
- Essential: BSc. Or MSc. in protein engineering, biochemistry, molecular biology or related discipline
- Desirable: PhD in related discipline
- Desirable: Relevant industrial or post-doctoral academic experience
Lead with Science and Discover What is Within:
- We Value Entrepreneurship and Diversity
- Respect, Trust, and Integrity
- Competitive compensation
- Private medical and dental benefits.
- 25 days Annual Leave and Bank Holidays
- 4x Salary Life Insurance
- 5% Pension Match
- Income Protection
- Parental Leave