Associate Scientist - Immunohistochemistry
91 Park Drive, Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY, UK
Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
- Perform biomarker analysis of FFPE samples from clinical trials.
- Perform single and multiplex immunohistochemistry and/or immunofluoresence on human samples
- Carry out basic digital image analysis
- Maintain equipment and keep experimental and maintenance records in accordance with HTA and /or GCP standards, as relevant
- Present and interpret results at internal lab meetings
Experience and Knowledge
- BSc or MSc in Immunology, Cancer Biology or related field
- Good working knowledge and technical skills in standard histology and IHC
- Worked as an experimental scientist with expertise in IHC and IF assays
- Experience with processing and analysing clinical samples
- Experience in application of GCP/HTA principles
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work with diverse team members
- Ability to learn and develop new skills
- Experience in using image analysis software
- Experience in working with molecular assays
- Knowledge in T cell immunology or cancer biology
- Experience in human tissue sample management
- Experience in lab and equipment maintenance
Lead with Science and Discover What is Within:
- We Value Entrepreneurship and Diversity
- Respect, Trust, and Integrity
- Competitive compensation
- Private medical and dental benefits.
- 25 days Annual Leave and Bank Holidays
- 4x Salary Life Insurance
- 5% Pension Match
- Income Protection
- Parental Leave