Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a passionate and creative team player who is keen to learn, innovate, collaborate and contribute to successes of a high-performance team within a pioneering, clinical-stage biotechnology company. The candidate should have a PhD in Immunology or Cellular Immunology, with relevant postdoctoral industrial or academic experience. A strong background in inflammation and/or autoimmune immunology is a key requirement, together with a proven track record of scientific accomplishments. Previous work experience in a high profile autoimmune/inflammation research group would be a distinct advantage.
- Independently design, conduct and interpret cellular screening assays and studies to probe the biology of immune cells in the context of autoimmunity
- Contribute to the autoimmune biology platform by isolating and characterising various immune cells, participating in the generation of disease-relevant models using cell lines, T cell clones and primary cells
- Conceive and lead studies to profile drug candidates and demonstrate proof of concept
- Interpret and communicate data at internal and external meetings
- Actively participate in team and project meetings, supporting the Autoimmune team by providing innovative ideas and suggestions
- Stay abreast of relevant literature, have in-depth understanding of the pathophysiology of Autoimmune diseases and contribute to scientific strategy of the Autoimmune team
- Contribute to routine lab maintenance and organisation
- Ability to design and run cell-based assays / functional assays to address key scientific questions
- Proficiency in isolation of various immune cells (CD8+, CD4+ T cells, Treg and monocytes), maintenance of cell lines and primary cell culture
- Experience in immunology techniques such as ELISA, T cell killing assay, cytokine analysis and reporter assay technologies.
- High attention to detail, good time management and excellent communication skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently
- Ability to mentor more junior scientists and assist with the planning/supervision of their lab work
PhD in Immunology or Cellular Immunology
Lead with Science and Discover What is Within:
- We Value Entrepreneurship and Diversity
- Respect, Trust, and Integrity
- Competitive compensation
- Private medical and dental benefits.
- 25 days Annual Leave and Bank Holidays
- 4x Salary Life Insurance
- 5% Pension Match
- Income Protection
- Parental Leave