Director/Oncology Marketing (Europe)
91 Park Drive, Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY, UK
Marketing Director (Europe)
Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
Reporting to the VP Commercial Europe, the Marketing Director (Europe) will be responsible to launch the company’s first product, tebentafusp, across Europe and lead the EU marketing strategy for other next generation immuno-oncology products in the pipeline. You must consider yourself a doer first, with the mandate, credentials, and desire to act as well as advise.
This role may be located in the UK
- Prepare and own the European Marketing plan, continually incorporating new market insights.
- Shape and support strategies and tactics to optimize brand value and drive sales growth.
- Define and monitor key performance indicators with the National Account Managers within prioritized European markets.
- Work collaboratively with EU Medical and Market Access leads to deliver tebentafusp to eligible patients.
- Support the reimbursement process in prioritized EU markets, to ensure unrestricted access to tebentafusp for eligible patients.
- Generate customer insights to deepen market understanding (face-to-face with KOLs/HCPs/nurses/patient groups, primary market research and European Advisory Boards).
- Lead and manage the congress strategy for Europe.
- Develop and lead the engagement plan for Patient Advocacy Groups.
- Develop and implement the branded and unbranded media plan.
- Effectively manage multiple agencies that support Immunocore in Europe.
- Plan short-term forecast for supply chain.
- Support the development of the Immunocore Oncology franchise as the point of contact for new product planning.
- Act with integrity and ensure all customer facing activities will be documented and comply to the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) compliance principles.
- Understand, respect, and abide by all local rules and regulations pertaining to pursuing pharmaceutical activities.
- There will be regular travel to European centres of excellence, along with international congresses to engage with our key customers.
- The ability to work flexibly (blend of office, home, or remote working) and out of hours as needed.
Experience & knowledge
- Track record of performance and delivery to sales and market share goals.
- Experience in the launch and commercialisation of Oncology therapeutic drugs across multiple European markets.
- Experience in dealing with market access and payors in Europe.
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking with the ability to execute tactical plans.
- Ability to positively connect across multiple stakeholders, including experience of working with KOLs in multiple countries.
- Experience leading the execution of national advisory boards.
- Curious and data driven mindset, constantly questioning assumptions and working with a sense of urgency to enable the delivery of the best care to patients with cancer.
- Collaborative with a strong desire to partner internally and externally to achieve shared goals.
- Ability to lead, influence, and work in a complex and cross-functional environment regardless of reporting structure.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to interface with external stakeholders, cross-functional partners, alliance partners, and senior management.
- Analytical skills and understanding of market research tools.
- Science degree (minimum BA/BS) with 10 years related work experience.
- Understanding of external laws, codes and company policies that apply to the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated experience of third-party agency management. Managing multiple vendor projects with timelines and budget.
- Fluent spoken and written English; additional languages (in particular: German and French) beneficial
- Strong understanding of the EU oncology landscape, including market trends.
- Experience in melanoma, ideally uveal or cutaneous.
- Social and digital media experience.
- Experience of working with content management system, e.g., Veeva, with additional experience of the promotional and medical approval processes in the UK, and other EU markets.
Education & qualifications
- Degree in life sciences (or equivalent experience)
- Advanced Marketing qualifications. Master’s in business administration (MBA) desirable