Senior Scientist, Bioanalytical, Immunology
91 Park Drive, Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY, UK
Senior Scientist, Translational Medicine Bioanalytical
Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
- Design and build custom LBA and cell-based pharmacokinetic, immunogenicity and biomarker assays suitable for detection of target analytes in biological matrices.
- Lead technical transfer of validation-ready assays to suitable third-party laboratory vendors, and oversee method validation studies according to regulatory guidance and industry best practices
- Monitor CRO assay performance and sample analysis; review and summarize PK and ADA results
- Participate in clinical study teams as bioanalytical representative to coordinate sample collection, analysis and reporting according to established timelines
- Drive exploratory bioanalytical projects; interpret data and make recommendations for next steps/future directions
- Design and characterize custom reagents, controls and biological matrices for use in bioanalytical assays; effectively manage inventory of applicable study samples, reagents and controls
- Communicate project results internally via department/project meetings and seminars and externally in relevant conferences.
- Operate in accordance with the company’s health and safety policies.
Experience and Knowledge
- Strong Immunology background
- Advanced knowledge of bioanalytical assays for protein macromolecules with strong scientific and technical skills in method development and validation
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in the development and validation of quantitative immunoassays and immunogenicity assays for biologics (e.g. antibodies, proteins or peptides)
- Experience in aseptic cell culture and cell-based assay development
- Familiar with current regulatory guidance and industry best practices for development and validation of bioanalytical methods for large molecule biologics
- Experience in GLP and/or clinical regulatory compliance
- Strong analytical skills, and a demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education and qualifications
- BSc/MSc with 6-8 years or PhD with 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in immunology, biochemistry or related discipline
Lead with Science and Discover What is Within:
- We Value Entrepreneurship and Diversity
- Respect, Trust, and Integrity
- Competitive compensation
- Private medical and dental benefits.
- 25 days Annual Leave and Bank Holidays
- 4x Salary Life Insurance
- 5% Pension Match
- Income Protection
- Parental Leave