Finance & Tax Professional
Conshohocken, PA or Rockville, MD
Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
This position is located in Conshohocken, PA or Rockville, MD.
Responsible for the preparation and review of the tax accounting and reporting for federal, state and group consolidated tax compliance, working with outside CPA firms, as appropriate, and calculating the US R&D Tax Credit at both Federal and State level. Working with the business as we commercialize and increase our footprint across the various States and ensuring we remain compliant in all States as appropriate and working with the VP, Financial Controller to ensure tax efficient decisions are made across the Group, providing tax considerations into key business decisions and supporting a rapidly changing business.
- Responsible for understanding US Commercial activities within the Group and expanding footprint across different locations and managing the tax exposures and compliance requirements that arise as a result.
- Responsibility for overall tax accounting and reporting at Federal and State level covering,
- preparing and completing the US tax returns working with external advisors for review of returns and support in complex taxation issues and areas of judgement.
- analyze tax return items in order to determine whether corrective action should be taken.
- analyze details submitted by operating companies to ensure support of position taken on returns and compliance with tax law.
- assist with tax provision interpretations and provide technical tax advice to Finance team and wider business as required.
- prepare and review income tax returns. Contact affiliated personnel to investigate relevant facts and documents, where needed.
- consult with management to determine how the findings will affect the strategic and operating plan.
- Calculating the US R&D Tax Credit at Federal and State level ensuring the resulting credit is compliant and undertaken to the requisite level of detail and appropriate documentation maintained to support and justify the tax claim.
- Ensuring all state fillings are undertaken in a compliant and timely manner.
- Accountable for reviewing transfer pricing within the US legal entities to ensure appropriately undertaken and resulting profitability correct.
- Accountable for PFIC and CFC annual analysis working with external CPA firms as required
- Responsibility for advising commercial and clinical supply chains on customs matters.
- Managing the relationship with the relevant tax authorities at federal and state level and the point of contact for enquiries and audits ensuring their prompt resolution.
- Maintaining tax and administrative policies and reviewing for continuous improvement.
- Ownership of tax key controls for Sarbanes Oxley purposes and ensuring compliance.
- Provide relevant tax advice into the implementation of new financial reporting systems.
Experience & Knowledge
- Experienced and skilled Tax professional with 4-6 years experience.
- Extensive and relevant experience of advising companies on a variety of tax issues.
- Strong technical skills with excellent knowledge of US tax accounting at Federal and State level and understanding of tax law.
- Ability to interpret and advise on complex tax legislation.
- Open and honest team player.
- Proactive and energetic: able to identify and implement business opportunities.
- Ability to anticipate risk through careful planning and analysis.
- Ability to operate at a senior level and with a strategic focus, as well as being in the detail and responsible for delivery.
- Strong people management skills.
- Highly pragmatic.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combined education and experience.
- Travel may be required (5%)
Lead with Science and Discover What is Within:
- We value Entrepreneurship and Diversity
- Respect, Trust, and Integrity
- Competitive compensation
- Medical and vision benefits, beginning your first day of employment
- Fully paid Dental Insurance
- 20 days’ vacation plus holidays
- Fully paid Life Insurance and Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
Immunocore is an E-Verify employer.