Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To conduct and design experimental investigations, in association with the team and with appropriate guidance from colleagues and managers, enabling the advancement of the Company pipeline, process, or technology capabilities.
- Perform experimental work to contribute to
- Generation of novel technology and establishment of experimental assays/models to support research activities company-wide
- Establishment of a cellular platform for gene-editing of cells using CRISPR/Cas9 and/or related approaches
- Maintaining knowledge of scientific literature to identify novel technologies that could support company research activities.
- Maintaining and increasing technical knowledge in relevant fields through self-study, observation, attending relevant conferences and training courses.
- Ensuring that laboratory equipment is operated in accordance with safety and risk guidelines; acting promptly to report any faults or problems to the relevant member of staff.
- Operating in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety policies, especially within a laboratory environment.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Operated in a bench-based laboratory environment with competence in key techniques relevant to the department:
- Cell biology skills (cell cloning, flow cytometry, functional experiments)
- Hands on expertise in molecular biology and CRISPR/cas9
- Hands on expertise with technology and assay development
- Recorded results in a concise and timely way, and in compliance with agreed standards
- Learnt about new practices based through observation, self-learning and an enquiring mind
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment
- Presented results and scientific practices
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Immunology
- Able to meaningfully contribute on occasion to scientific team discussions, in particular with regards to the interpretation of their own data
- Expertise in protein-engineering (phage display and protein expression/purification)
- Expertise in T cell biology (T cell-based cloning, flow cytometry, functional experiments)
- Next generation sequencing (from library preparation and bioinformatic analysis)
- Ability to review the scientific literature for relevant new technologies
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc. or MSc. in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related discipline (Essential)
- PhD in related discipline (Desirable)
Lead with Science and Discover What is Within:
- We Value Entrepreneurship and Diversity
- Respect, Trust, and Integrity
- Competitive compensation
- Private medical and dental benefits.
- 25 days Annual Leave and Bank Holidays
- 4x Salary Life Insurance
- 5% Pension Match
- Income Protection
- Parental Leave