Contracts Manager (6 month Fixed Term Contract)
91 Park Drive, Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY, UK
Contracts Manager (6-month Fixed Term Contract)
Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
The Contracts Manager is responsible for negotiating and agreeing most contracts within the company (some US contracts handled by the US Contracts Manager, the most complex or high-value contracts handled by the General Counsel). The Contracts Manager will be the point of contact and oversee most contracts requirements, implementing and managing the start-to-finish process for all such contracts. The Contracts Manager will work closely with stakeholders and will regularly liaise with Finance, Research, Development, HR, QA, Regulatory, Commercial, senior management etc, as well as third parties such as universities, service providers, external research collaborators. Furthermore, the Contracts Manager plays a significant role in ensuring compliance with GDPR and healthcare compliance regulations in relevant jurisdictions, working with QA, IT, Commercial and others.
Contracts and Contracts Life Management System:
- Responsible for all contract requirements, manage the start-to-finish process for such contracts.
- Responsible for implementing, maintaining and management of the Contracts Life Management (CLM) system – Agiloft.
- Develops, maintains and drafts company templates such as CDAs, MTAs, Consultancy Agreements, Service Agreements, Amendments, Statements of Work, etc.
- Works closely with the contract owner to determine appropriate terms and conditions of contracts.
- Negotiates, develops and revises contracts, related budgets and scope of work. Ensures the scope of work is defined correctly, budgets reflect the scope, and any changes are integrated into the main contract efficiently and accurately.
- Acts as primary interface and supports the internal contract owner.
- Project manages the contracting process, ensuring timely execution of contracts.
- Works with Senior Manager, IP to protect company’s existing and arising intellectual property.
- Has a detailed understanding of all contractual obligations and uses this to guide and support colleagues of all levels in meeting contractual obligations.
- Identifies risks and issues, suggests alternatives that lead to the best solution.
- Appropriately escalate risks associated with contracts.
- Responds to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions.
- Prepares and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance, modifications, etc.
- Responsible for consultation and escalation to General Counsel of contractual, business or other issues as they arise.
- Acts as liaison between Immunocore and third parties, such as universities, suppliers, collaborators and service providers across the business.
- Provide CLM training to all internal stakeholders that will use the system as end-user, approver or signatory.
- Liaise with external legal counsel in the review and negotiation of high value / high complexity contracts.
Data Security, Privacy and Processing
- GDPR and CCPA compliance and risk mitigation across the business.
- Discovery and assessment of the condition of existing third-party agreements where personal or sensitive data may be processed.
- Assessment and confirmation of contractual relationships involving the transfer/processing/storage of personal or sensitive personal data.
- Check and draft Data Processing and Privacy clauses in contracts.
- Draft Data Processing Addendums or Data Processing Agreements for the relevant existing contracts.
- Identify gaps in the contract in comparison to standard GDPR clauses.
- Keep fully up to date records of Data Processing Addendums or Agreements to facilitate future compliance.
- Collaborate, liaise and support the IT Compliance and Security Manager in any aspects of GDPR compliance, data security, privacy and/or breach.
- Supporting and educating others in the business in order to mitigate risks and maintain GDPR and CCPA compliance.
- Liaising with functions, such as IT, Research, HR, Commercial and Development, as required throughout the process.
- Draft, maintain and review agreements with Health Care Professionals (HCPs) (e.g. Consultancy Agreements, Advisory Board Agreements, Scientific Advisory Agreements and Speaker Agreements) for the Development, Commercial and Medical Affairs departments and confirm adherence to all international and/or local legislation, regulations, ABPI Code, and internal policies and standard operating procedures.
- Draft and review charity sponsoring and sponsorship of non-promotional congresses.
- Liaise with the UK external pharmaceutical compliance consultant and the US external compliance counsel in the review and implementation of HCP agreements, charity sponsoring agreements and sponsorship of non-promotional congresses. Provide support to internal stakeholders up to and including senior executives for ensuring healthcare compliance.
Experience & knowledge
- Significant experience of managing the preparation and contract negotiation process, including template development, documentation of contract template and revision, approvals, signature process, status tracking and reporting, scanning, filing and archiving a wide range of agreements with third-parties.
- Work both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment.
- Effectively prioritizes and executes tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Educational qualification to at least degree level.
- Proven proactive business partnering & collaboration skills.
- Resolves complex contracts and pricing issues.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools, outlook, Adobe, Docusign, general IT and database skills.
- Worked within a scientific/ biotech environment
- Clear understanding of GDPR and similar Data Protection Regulations.
- Clear understanding of the ABPI Code and pharmaceutical compliance.
Education & qualifications
- A life science degree in biology or similar science degree; or a law degree or qualified paralegal, ideally with experience from a law firm with life science or healthcare focus.
- Relevant contracts management experience, preferably in a biotechnology/pharmaceutical company and/or CRO; or law firm with life science or healthcare focus.