Target Identification and Validation Senior Scientist, Disease Biology
91 Park Drive, Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY, UK
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and open-minded individual to contribute and grow in an open and team-oriented environment in one of the UK’s leading biotechnology companies.
We are developing a new line of immunotherapies with the aim of transforming treatment of cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. You will be joining Immunocore at the most exciting time in our 20-year history, with our first drug application accepted in the UK, US and EU.
We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic, independent and collaborative Senior Scientist with in-depth understanding of cancer biology/immunology and mechanisms underlying cancer progression into an aggressive and difficult-to-treat disease.
With a very high level of expertise in FACS cell sorting, Flow cytometry, histology and molecular biology, you will contribute to discovery and validation of novel cancer targets for ImmTAC immunotherapy.
- Analyse relevant literature to help triaging a list of potential cancer targets by gaining in-depth understanding of the target biological role and cancer disease biology
- Establish/develop new methods for the in-house single cell analysis and become a go-to person for FACS cell sorting, Flow cytometry and single-cell RNAseq
- Analyse expression of the most promising cancer/autoimmune targets on mRNA and protein level and determine their suitability for ImmTAX targeting
- Enhance our target identification and validation processes by providing innovative suggestions
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop optimal cancer disease models for ImmTAC testing
- Analyse and report experimental results verbally and in writing
Experience and Knowledge:
- Flow cytometry and cell sorting, primer design and qPCR, immunohistochemistry, FFPE/cryo tissue sectioning, cell culture
- Highly desirable skills include: single-cell RNA sequencing, bioinformatics
Education and Qualifications:
- PhD in Cancer Biology, Cancer Immunology or Autoimmunity
- Relevant industrial or postdoctoral academic experience (> 3 years)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated record of scientific accomplishment as evidenced by publications, presentations, patent applications, and/or contributions to regulatory submissions