Target Identification and Validation Senior Technician, Disease Biology
91 Park Drive, Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY, UK
A bit about our science: we are developing a new line of immunotherapies with the aim of transforming treatment of cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. You will be joining Immunocore at the most exciting time in our 20-year history, with our first drug application accepted in the UK, US and EU.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior technician with strong expertise in cell culture, cell transfections and related techniques. This work will be contributing to all the projects within our Target Validation Team and it will be a vital basis for the selection of most promising novel cancer targets.
We are looking for a collaborative and enthusiastic Senior Technician to join our Target Identification and Validation team. We are discovering and validating novel therapeutic targets for TCR-based immunotherapy drugs (ImmTAC/ImmTAI) across different therapeutic areas.
- Extensive cell culture of multiple cancer cell lines and preparation of good quality cell pellets for further analysis
- Cell transfection and preparation of FFPE cell pellets
- Tissue processing (HTA)
- General lab maintenance
- Collaborate cross-functionally to help validation of our targets
- report experimental results in writing (Word, Excel)
Expertise and Knowledge:
Cell culture, preparation of FFPE cell pellets, working knowledge of Word and Excel spreadsheets
Desirable skills: RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, Immunohistochemistry, tissue processing (HTA), western blotting
Education and Qualifications:
- Essential: extensive technical experience in cell culture and cell manipulation
- Desirable: experience within a drug discovery industrial environment