Associate Scientist Bioassay Development and Testing(contract 6 months FTC)
91 Park Drive, Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY, UK
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
To conduct and design experimental investigations, with appropriate guidance from colleagues and managers, enabling the advancement of the Company pipeline, process, or technology capabilities. Assist in the development of potency assays that are used for the analysis of ImmTACs and other TCR based molecules to support stability, lot release and comparability studies as part of product development.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Conducting experiments, observing, interpreting and responding to results.
- Maintaining and increasing technical knowledge in relevant fields through self-study, observation, attending relevant conferences and training courses.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work by completing laboratory notebooks on time, following Company procedures
- Ensuring that laboratory equipment is operated in accordance with safety and risk guidelines; acting promptly to report any faults or problems to the relevant member of staff.
- Operating in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety policies, especially within a laboratory environment.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- A background in aseptic technique and cellular sample analysis assay, with 1 or more years’ experience gained in industry.
- Generation of assay media and reagents following operational procedures
- Recorded results and information in a concise, accurate and timely way as part of studies or in a work environment
- Learnt about new practices based through observation, self-learning and an enquiring mind
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment.
- A background in potency assay development, qualification, validation or sample analysis.
- Experience in other cellular assays or platforms such as proliferation assays, cell death assays, marker detection with either plate or flow-based assays.
- Knowledge of GMP
- Experience of lab organisation/maintenance
- Proactive in ensuring high quality of their work and seeking additional responsibilities to help meeting the goals of the team
- Familiar with principles of assay qualification/ validation i.e. robustness and suitability
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
BSc. Or MSc. in biological sciences, immunology or related discipline
- Competitive compensation
- Private medical and dental benefits.
- 25 days Annual Leave and Bank Holidays
- 4x Salary Life Insurance
- 5% Pension Match
- Income Protection
- Parental Leave