Senior Commercial Analyst US Market (UK Based)
Immunocore, Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T Cell antigen receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTAXs, as a novel class of treatments for cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases.
Immunocore has a well- established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The Senior Commercial Analyst role will act as a key partner to the US Commercial, providing support to them in the financial aspects of sales forecast, pricing, rebates accruals and expenses; tracking actual spend against budgets and maintaining up-to-date forecasts. Compliance with Health Care Professional (HCP) and rebate reporting.
- Provide monthly performance reports including variance analysis for the Group’s Commercial programme Sales and expenditure, in order to support group-level reporting to the Leadership Team
- Control HCP Compliance and rebate reporting for all markets from Finance side
- Work closely with Commercial team to aid reporting to the ILT, ensuring approval is sought for total programme cost or changes and new buy-ups
- Support the inputs for the Group’s Valuation model in regards to commercial programme costs, drive Sales forecast short and long term from Finance side
- Support the Financial Reporting team with programme progress information for the month end close process, accruals for month end, work with HCP reporting and US pricing reporting externally
- Coordinate with the Financial Reporting team to ensure the accounting and planning systems are aligned with regards to commercial spend and key cost categories. Ensure appropriate approval has been sought from the Head of FP&A and Financial Controller for any changes
- Fully understand and keep track of the financial impact of the Group’s supplier external contracts; Providing ad hoc support at the pre-agreement phase where required to ensure Management and the Group are fully aware of financial obligations
- Supporting the Head of FP&A in coordinating financial planning processes to Budget Holders
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the FP&A function by making proposals for process improvement to be considered for implementation
- Acting as primary point of finance contact for the Commercial function. Provide hands-on support to these functions as necessary
- Maintain the EHS documents and update key performance indicators.
- Participate in monthly meetings when required and report on relevant health & safety matters.
- Support Occupational health initiative.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
Experience & knowledge
- Worked with non-finance colleagues on finance related matters
- Knowledge and experience of US Pharma pricing
- Advanced knowledge and usage of MS Excel
- Experience of using ERP/Accounting Systems
- Proven track record of process improvement
- Industry experience within a high-tech, fast growing organisation
- Experience of using NetSuite software
- Prior Experience working for public accountancy firm, preferred
Education & qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related fields
- MBA preferred