Peer-to-Peer Marketing Manager
US - Conshohocken, PA or Rockville, MD
Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
This is a temporary role, anticipated to be for 12 months, with the potential to become a regular full time position.
- Be a key member of the US commercial team and partner with the cross-functional team to develop and manage strategically aligned HCP tactics with a focus in peer-to-peer, speakers bureau, advisory boards, and congresses in preparation for the launch of tebentafusp.
- Work closely with marketing, sales, and medical science liaisons to identify and cultivate speakers/key opinion leaders (KOLs), developing strong relationships with these healthcare professionals.
- Lead development of peer-to-peer and speaker program educational content, such as slide decks and patient cases, defining the best channels and forums for these programs given the brand will likely launch during a pandemic.
- Work through the US promotional review process with regulatory, legal, and medical functional partners.
- Collaborate to ensure messaging alignment and coordinate the work of agency partners, external vendors, and internal departments for responsible tactics.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the brand plan delivering strategies and tactics that align to focus areas of peer-to-peer and congresses.
- Develop and execute US advisory boards to inform key business questions and future brand promotional strategy and tactics.
- Develop and execute the US conference plan for national and regional oncology meetings.
- Gather timely feedback on peer-to-peer tactics and response to key initiatives to enhance execution and identify new program development opportunities or message refinement.
- Participate in relevant scientific congresses and conferences to stay up to date.
- Own brand budget for relevant tactics and closely monitor performance to ensure cost effective implementation of all deliverables.
- Support other ad hoc projects that arise with evolving brand needs and changing market dynamics.
Experience & knowledge
- Knowledge and experience in face-to-face and virtual peer-to-peer marketing solutions directly in the biotech or pharma industry or within highly regulated markets.
- Marketing acumen with a solid grasp of marketing strategy, brand positioning, and tactical plan development.
- Knowledge of the healthcare ecosystem including health economics, policy, and the regulatory environment.
- Strong ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Proactive, results-oriented, self-starter motivated by a challenge.
- Strong customer orientation and focus. Passion and empathy to build meaningful experiences with HCPs by understanding their needs and desires.
- Good judgment in recognizing the distinction between "good enough" and perfection.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and ability to multi-task across several projects under tight deadlines.
- Embraces change, embodies a continuous improvement mindset, and exemplifies agile principles in day-to-day activities.
- Ability and desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment with moderate remote supervision.
- Strong written and verbal skills - you should be persuasive, engaging, and credible when presenting and working with both internal and external customers.
- Post-pandemic travel required – 15 - 30%
Education & qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with major in marketing, communication, or related business area. MBA, or related advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of biotech or pharmaceutical (or other relevant) marketing experience or combination of marketing and sales management experience. Oncology experience strongly preferred.
- Experience developing peer-to-peer programs and working with relevant speaker program agencies (e.g. Peer Direct, OncLive). Related business or industry experience (e.g., medical education agency) will be considered.
- US oncology or pharmaceutical product launch experience. Biologics or immune-oncology experience preferred.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.