Scientist, Translational Medicine Bioanalytical
Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
We are now seeking an enthusiastic Scientist to join the Translational Medicine Bioanalytical team. The main purpose of the role is to design, develop and validate fit-for-purpose custom pharmacokinetic and immunogenicity assays used in ImmTAC clinical programs and conduct experiments to characterize patient PK, PD and ADA responses.
- Design and build custom LBA and/or cell-based pharmacokinetic and immunogenicity assays suitable for use in stage appropriate clinical studies.
- Lead technical transfer of validation-ready assays to suitable third-party laboratory vendors, and oversee method validation studies according to regulatory guidance and industry best practices
- Monitor CRO assay performance and sample analysis; review and summarize PK and ADA results
- Participate in clinical study teams as bioanalytical representative to coordinate sample collection, analysis and reporting according to established timelines
- Design and execute exploratory bioanalytical projects; interpret data and make recommendations for next steps/future directions
- Design and characterize custom reagents, controls and biological matrices for use in bioanalytical assays; effectively manage inventory of applicable study samples, reagents and controls
- Keep abreast of technical advances in relevant fields through self-study and attending training sessions and conferences.
- Communicate results internally in lab meetings and seminars and externally in relevant conferences.
- Operate in accordance with the company’s health and safety policies.
Experience and Knowledge
- Working knowledge and understanding of bioanalytical assays for protein macromolecules with strong scientific and technical skills in method development and validation
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in the development and validation of quantitative immunoassays and immunogenicity assays for biologics (e.g. antibodies, proteins or peptides)
- Experience in aseptic cell culture and cell-based assay development
- Familiar with current regulatory guidance and industry best practices for development and validation of bioanalytical methods for large molecule biologics
- Experience in GLP and/or clinical regulatory compliance
- Strong analytical skills, and a demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education and qualifications
- BSc/MSc with 5-7 years or PhD with 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in immunology, biochemistry or related discipline