Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
The main purpose of the role is the characterisation of our products and processes with a focus on mass spectrometry (LC-MS).
- Developing characterisation methods of ImmTAX and other products, including peptide mapping (LC-MS/MS) and intact mass analysis methods.
- Designing and carrying out biochemical characterisation, chemical stability and comparability studies of biologics/drug products.
- Supporting drug substance and drug product process development by performing characterisation of process intermediates.
- Supporting drug substance and drug product impurity characterisation and identification
- Performing protein sequence and post translational modification identification, including glycosylation analysis.
- Writing study protocols and reports.
- Independently testing and, increasingly, leading lines of investigation. Proposing new experiments based on emerging data and other related information. Providing support on technical aspects to others.
- Priorities: establishing priorities for own work and team-based projects; making decisions on prioritisation based on the overall goals of the team, department and project, using direct evidence and personal experience as guidance.
- Technical Knowledge: sharing knowledge with the wider team and, across departments representing the department both internally and externally. May also act as a mentor or manager to other colleagues, especially new hires, sharing scientific and company knowledge. Increasingly providing analysis of new techniques and theories from outside the Company to advance the way the company works; sharing these with leaders across the Company.
- Laboratory records: ensuring that all records and information are up to date, on time and recorded to the correct standard. Supporting and encouraging others to achieve this.
- Laboratory equipment: providing technical guidance to others within the team on how to use equipment most effectively; making recommendations regarding acquisition of new pieces of equipment.
- Reporting: communicating and presenting research findings at meetings with colleagues, senior management and partners.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience in development of HPLC based peptide mapping methods and mass spectrometric characterisation of proteins.
- Worked in a bench-based biopharmaceutical laboratory environment
- Established as an expert amongst peers in one or more of the following areas:
- mass spectrometry
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment
- Proposed and driven changes in working practices that have improved efficiency, supported teams through adoption and change
- Presented detailed scientific findings and papers to internal and external audiences
- Mentored and coached less experienced colleagues in scientific practices and theory
- Experience of glycosylation analysis of recombinant proteins or antibodies
- Experience with late stage/commercial biopharmaceutical assay development and characterisation
- Familiar with the principles of Good Manufacturing Practise (GMP)
- Presented at external conferences
- Led a small project team, formally or informally, through a change in practice including project management
- Understanding of analytical requirements to support materials for use in clinical trials
- Essential: BSc. or MSc. in life sciences or related discipline
- Desirable: PhD. in related discipline
- Relevant postgraduate experience (2+ years) working in an industrial or academic setting.