Associate Scientist/Scientist – T cell cloning – 6 month contract
Immunocore is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a unique platform of T cell receptor-based therapeutics called ImmTAXs. The company is developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
Our Pipeline Biology department has an immediate opening for an Associate Scientist or Scientist (dependent on experience) to join the TCR Discovery team on a temporary contract. The postholder should have proven practical experience in cellular biology, immunology or a related discipline with demonstrable skills in problem-solving, attention to detail and the ability to work collaboratively. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and motivated scientist to become part of a high-performing and dynamic team.
- Execute experiments to identify specific immune cell populations against defined targets for the ImmTAX pipeline.
- Make detailed observations, analyse data and interpret results. Demonstrate scientific rigor in assessing data.
- Maintain accurate records of all work, completing laboratory notebooks on time and following Company procedures.
- Contribute to the operational running and maintenance of laboratories and equipment.
- Operate in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety policies, especially within a CL2 laboratory environment.
- Effectively present results at internal meetings.
- Understand priorities and objectives, alerting managers to any perceived risks or delays.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Worked in a laboratory environment with proven expertise in:
- Culturing primary cells and cell lines
- Immunoassays such as ELISpots & ELISAs
- Flow cytometry
- Strong knowledge of Immunology.
- Proven experience in experimental design and troubleshooting.
- Proven ability to drive lab-based projects.
- Recorded results in a concise and timely way.
- Presented results and scientific practices.
- Able to safely use laboratory equipment.
- Learnt about new practices based through observation, self-learning and an enquiring mind
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Essential: BSc. or MSc. in a Life Science or related discipline.
- Desirable: PhD in a relevant discipline.