Scientist / Senior Scientist (Antibody Research)
91 Park Drive, Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY, UK
Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
Opportunity to help design next generation, innovative biotherapeutics for Oncology, Autoimmune and Infectious disease.
The Antibody Research group is at the core of discovery and innovation at Immunocore and right now we are looking to expand our team with ambitious, enthusiastic and creative scientists/snr scientists. The team is dynamic and multidisciplinary serving as a key pivot point feeding into discovery science, driving biotherapeutic design innovation, filling unmet diagnostic needs, guiding biotherapeutic developability and ultimately, supporting pre-clinical delivery of IND’s.
Do you have creative ideas that you feel passionate about exploring?
Do you have a sound understanding of Antibody or TCR discovery and selection using display systems and a desire to expand your skills in this area?
Do you want to be part of building the next generation of immune-cell engaging bispecific therapeutics?
Are you comfortable taking responsibility for not just experimental execution, but also data interpretation and communicating that data efficiently to a variety of stakeholders?
If the answer is yes to these questions, then we would really love to talk with you and explore how we might work together to help deliver the best biotherapeutic immunotherapies for patients.
For the antibody discovery/biotherapeutic engineering role(s) we are looking for scientist/senior scientist team members with strong hands-on molecular biology and protein engineering skills and a desire to apply these skills to generate the most innovative biotherapeutic molecules.
In addition, to a structured career path you will be challenged to expand your knowledge and will benefit from exposure to state of the art, industry-leading antibody and TCR discovery engines.
Key responsibilities and Experiences
- Construction of various immune phage-display antibody libraries formats, including VHH), scFv and scAb)
- Design of tailored antibody/TCR panning strategies according to target and project deliverables
- Screening and characterisation of antibodies and TCRs according to their applicability, to select the best lead candidates
- Optimisation and engineering of antibodies and TCRs, including affinity maturation using different methods for e.g. phage display and yeast surface display
- Experienced in display technologies: essential phage display and desirable yeast surface display
- Experienced in optimisation of antibodies and of TCRs (desirable), including affinity maturation, reformatting and engineering
- Experienced in several purification methods (AEX, CEX, AC and others) - preferable experienced in AKTA systems
- Proficient in molecular biology techniques: RNA/cDNA/DNA handling, PCR, Restriction Digestion and in different cloning methods (for e.g. Gibson assembly)
- Preferable experienced in library construction
- Proficient in protein, antibody and TCR (desirable) screening and characterisation: ELISA (96- and 384-well formats), competition assays, SPR (e.g. Biacore and Octet systems), Western Blot
- Previous experience in screening biotherapeutics (e.g. antibodies, bi-/multi-specifics)
- Experienced in using small liquid handling platforms and high-throughput systems
Education and Qualifications
- BSc. or MSc. in protein engineering, biochemistry, molecular biology or related discipline (Essential)
- PhD in related discipline (Desirable)