Biological Sample Associate, Translational Medicine Lab
Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
We are now seeking a highly motivated Biological Sample Associate to join the Translational Medicine Lab Group. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing biological samples collected from our ongoing clinical trials including biopsies, serum and PBMC samples. This will also include managing and sourcing samples from collaborators and commercial sources. The job holder will also liaise with CROs and arrange sample shipments and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Management of clinical trial samples and coordination of sample shipments from CROs
- Coordinate laboratory equipment servicing and maintenance
- Liaise with suppliers and help coordinate the company’s online purchasing system
- Monitor the Rees Monitoring System for tracking equipment parameters
- Perform analyses using established standard operating procedures and working instructions
Experience and Knowledge
- Proficient in the use of sample management databases, e.g. Item Tracker
- Previous experience with handling and management of clinical trial/ biological samples
- Attention to detail is essential as well as being reliable and dependable
- Able to work in a cross functional team environment
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures
- Good competence in Microsoft Office package
- Excellent communication skills
- Worked in a bench-based biology laboratory environment
- Experience in application of GCP / HTA principles
- Experience with equipment temperature monitoring systems
- Committed to ensuring laboratory equipment is properly maintained and serviced
Education and qualifications
- BSc in relevant discipline or equivalent experience (Essential)
- MSc in relevant discipline or equivalent experience (Desirable)