MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The Global Product Team (GPT) Project Manager (PM) is a core member of the GPT (led by Global Medicines Leader (GML)). The GPT-PM supports GPT leadership by ensuring alignment of the project strategy with operational delivery and ensures all GPT workstreams are managed in a way that represents best practice for project management and ensure cross-functional engagement and coordination.
Working closely with the GML, the GPT-PM will be responsible for maintaining an integrative project plan for the cross-functional GPT workstreams, ensuring on time and on budget delivery of GPT deliverables and provide guidance and leadership to internal and external stakeholders.
• Drive the efficient operation of the GPT (including managing overall plans, priorities and risks)
• Maintain and communicate high quality (up to date and fit for purpose) project plans
• Ensure that overall team deliverables, budgets, schedules, and performance are realistically set and governance-agreed
• In support of the GML and the GPT, provide program management leadership by ensuring alignment of the project strategy with operational delivery
• Monitor and drive delivery of the project plan to the governance-agreed goals
• Ensure the project effectively fulfils all business reporting requirements including delivery of regular program KPI updates to stakeholders
• Contribute to or lead preparation of governance documents / interactions
• Drive success by actively navigating teams through governance and key company processes that allows efficient (timely and informed) decision making for senior leaders.
• Facilitate effective team meetings and ensure meeting minutes, action items and team decisions are documented and resolved
• Proactively identify issues and mobilize team towards agile decision-making.
• As delegated by the GML lead specific GPT workstreams or cross-project and portfolio strategies, or other initiatives, where project leadership of complex sub-projects is needed.
• Overall, a role model for learning, innovation, cross-functional collaboration and conflict resolution; seek opportunities to change paradigm and remove barriers within and outside the team.
• A champion of company best practices; adapts new project management practices to broader company processes.
Experience & knowledge
• Experienced pharmaceutical project manager with a successful track record of delivering overall project results within agreed time, quality and cost
• Excellent working knowledge of project management tools and processes
• Strong project leadership presence including communication skills, conflict management, and constructive challenge
• Ability to effectively engage with and influence senior stakeholders
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to function collaboratively in a matrix environment and flexibility to adapt leadership style as needed
• Demonstrated agility: managing and succeeding in an uncertain environment; creating robust plans while remaining flexible to input and data.
• A fast learner that leverages core talents and skills rapidly in new and complex environments
• An analytical thinker who is energized by delving into complex projects
• A resourceful problem-solver who seeks out effective and efficient solutions
• Delivery focused
• Ability to lead robust decision-making process that is clear, transparent, and accomplished by the right people under circumstances when not all information is available
• In-depth knowledge of drug development process
KEY BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES – ALL STAFF
• Openness and honesty
Readily offering information pertaining to work in hand whether positive or negative.
• Taking responsibility
Being prepared to accept full responsibility for tasks entrusted to them; seeing tasks through to completion and dealing with the consequences of failure or success.
Being flexible to new ideas and approaches; changes of plans, objectives and/or priorities. Handling disjointed tasks effectively.
• Team spirit
Being able to work productively with others to achieve tasks. Showing consideration for the needs and feelings of others.
Education & qualifications
• Advanced degree in life science discipline
• 5+ years in relevant role
• Project Management Certification (desirable)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
Immunocore is an E-Verify employer.