Technician, Bioassay Development and Testing
91 Park Drive, Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY, UK
Technician- Bioassay Development and Testing
Immunocore is an innovative and dynamic biotechnology company developing a unique platform of T Cell antigen receptor-based therapeutics, called ImmTAXs, as a novel class of treatments for cancer, infectious and autoimmune diseases.
Immunocore has a well- established pipeline of wholly owned programmes, of world leading science and strong IP position, which has led to discovery collaborations with Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Medimmune as well as a co-discovery & co-development partnership with Lilly, and recent investment from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The main purpose of the role is to support bioassay scientists through cell culture maintenance, testing, reagent preparation and laboratory maintenance and organisation.
- Maintaining cells required in cellular potency assays to the required standards.
- Preparation of cell culture media and aliquoting of media and assay reagents as required
- Support the stock control, purchasing and distributing lab reagents and consumables
- Perform routine cellular assays with supervision as required
- Ensuring that laboratory equipment is operated in accordance with safety and risk guidelines; acting promptly to report any faults or problems to the relevant member of staff.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work by completing laboratory notebooks on time, following Company procedures
- Operating in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety policies, especially within a laboratory environment.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experienced in the preparation of cell culture assay media and aseptic aliquoting of media and assay reagents.
- Experience with various cell lines, preferably both adherent and suspension, and able to perform cell culture of multiple cell lines in parallel to support work of a small team of Scientists.
- Ability to take on responsibility of routine cellular assays with supervision as needed.
- Shown a commitment to ensuring laboratory equipment is maintained and operated in a safe manner
- Understanding of good documentation practice. Record results and information in a concise, accurate and timely way as part of studies or in a work environment
- Learn about new practices through observation, self-learning and an enquiring mind
- Worked and contributed actively in a diverse team environment.
Knowledge of GMP
Experience of lab organisation/maintenance
Proactive in ensuring high quality of their work and seeking additional responsibilities to help meeting the goals of the team
Education & qualifications
- Minimum of GCSE or equivalent in a scientific discipline
- Desirable: HNC in a scientific discipline or equivalent.