Senior Scientist - Discovery Research
91 Park Drive, Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY, UK
Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
Immunocore is looking for a Senior Scientist who is passionate, enthusiastic and would like to contribute to the growth of the organisation by conducting and designing experimental investigations, in association with the team and with appropriate guidance from colleagues and managers, enabling the advancement of the Company pipeline, process, or technology capabilities.
- Perform experimental work to contribute to:
- Method development for biochemical/cell free assays
- Discovery of novel ligands presented by monomorphic HLA-like molecules
- Investigation of trafficking of HLA and HLA-like molecules inside cells
Experience and Knowledge:
- Proficient in protein purification (homo/heterologous expression), affinity-based purification, immunoprecipitations
- Proficient in protein analysis (e.g. PAGE, Western blot, ELISA)
- Proficient in molecular biology techniques (molecular cloning, mammalian transfection, site directed mutagenesis, Gibson assembly, qPCR/RT-PCR)
- Experience in biophysical assays (e.g. SPR)
- Knowledge on membrane protein trafficking/ER trafficking
- Experience in mass spectrometry
- Experience with immunological assays
Education and Qualification:
- BSc. or MSc. in biochemistry, cellular biology, immunology or related discipline (Essential)
- PhD in in biochemistry, cellular biology, immunology or related discipline (Essential)
- Post-doctorate research or similar experience in biotech (Desirable)
Lead with Science and Discover What is Within:
- We Value Entrepreneurship and Diversity
- Respect, Trust, and Integrity
- Competitive compensation
- Private medical and dental benefits.
- 25 days Annual Leave and Bank Holidays
- 4x Salary Life Insurance
- 5% Pension Match
- Income Protection
- Parental Leave