Head of Project Management
Immunocore is a late-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of a novel class of TCR bispecific immunotherapies designed to treat a broad range of diseases, including cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. We are developing a deep pipeline in multiple therapeutic areas, including five clinical stage programs in oncology and infectious disease, advanced pre-clinical programs in autoimmune disease and multiple earlier pre-clinical programs.
It is an exciting time to join Immunocore. Our most advanced oncology therapeutic candidate, tebentafusp, has demonstrated an overall survival benefit in a randomized Phase 3 clinical trial in metastatic uveal melanoma, a cancer that has historically proven to be insensitive to other immunotherapies. The company also recently completed its Initial Public Offering and was listed on the NASDAQ.
The Head of Project Management will be tasked with working collaboratively with senior leaders and other key stakeholders to centralize project management within Immunocore and ensure the effective and efficient delivery of commercial milestones, clinical development and research portfolio projects, and strategic initiatives.
This position will lead a centralized team of project managers and working collaboratively across the research and development organization you will influence portfolio strategy and ensure smooth and efficient operational implementation of the Immunocore development portfolio consistent with the corporate strategy, enabling project delivery in line with time, financial and quality requirements as well as ensuring process improvement through identifying efficiency opportunities.
This role will have oversight of the entire research and clinical development portfolio including deliverables, inflection points, milestones and newsflow, and work with the management team to make informed investment decisions for pipeline opportunities. In addition, personally manage a high value early phase clinical development oncology program(s) by coordinating cross functional program team meetings, maintaining timelines, dashboards and budgets.
The Head of Project Management will work closely with Head of Research and Development to organize and lead regular Development Planning Committee meetings with direct reports managing Global Project Team meetings, as well as steering and governance committees.
This role has a high job complexity requiring a high level of independence, partnership and on point communication to ensure effective execution of Immunocore’s portfolio projects.
This position is located in Rockville, MD or Conshohocken, PA.
Lead the coordinated management of pipeline projects at all development stages
- Lead, develop and performance manage a team of project managers
- Ensures the development, maintenance, alignment and execution of accurate, integrated project plans including timelines, resource plans (budget and people for both outsourced and internal activities) and integrated cross functional plans with the ability to communicate this at the appropriate level, such as operational teams, governance meetings and senior leadership
- Influences direction of project development and find innovative ways to resolve problems through scenario planning, contingency planning, risk assessment and management, problem solving, and ensuring teams have the right information at the right time to support them through decision making
- Ensure an appropriate governance framework, and create and manage relevant steering committees
- Ensures strategic alliance management with key collaborators
- Support tracking and execution of corporate KPIs
- Lead Proactive Risk management at a team and corporate level, ensuring alignment on identification and management of risk across the portfolio and company
- Lead the development of project and programme management tools and best practices across all programmes and the wider community, including alignment with governance, reporting, budget and resource allocation
- Demonstrates strong team leadership and management skills with the ability to work positively with a wide range of individuals involved in the programmes and across the organization
Experience & knowledge
- Experience in planning and managing the cross functional aspects of biopharmaceutical product development and will have demonstrated knowledge and application of project management tools
- Ability to assess scientific data
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, analytical, and computer skills along with effective problem solving and analytical skills to tackle and manage a broad range of issues and projects and deliver innovative solutions
- Strong organizational skills
Lead with Science and Discover What is Within:
- We value Entrepreneurship and Diversity
- Respect, Trust, and Integrity
- Competitive compensation
- Medical and vision benefits, beginning your first day of employment
- Fully paid Dental Insurance
- 20 days’ vacation plus holidays
- Fully paid Life Insurance and Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
Immunocore is an E-Verify employer.