Director of Research Operations and Strategy
91 Park Drive, Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY, UK
Join a pioneering biotech with a collegial atmosphere. At Immunocore, we team a team mindset with a culture that values individual contribution. In return for your skillset and dedication, we offer you benefits like private medical and dental insurance; subsidised gym membership; a continuous learning package; and an annual career development review. In short, we care about your future just as much as the future of our breakthrough science.
A bit about our science: we are developing a new line of immunotherapies with the aim of transforming treatment of cancer, infection and autoimmune disease. You will be joining Immunocore at the most exciting time in our 20-year history, with our first drug application accepted in the UK, US and EU.
Supports the Research department with all aspects of its functioning, including analytic support, portfolio management, strategic planning, communications, and implementation of key initiatives.
Will also facilitate planning and meeting of business and delivery priorities, track action items from Research leader meetings, and manage non-portfolio research projects of strategic importance.
Suggest and implement ways to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of the research department.
- Coordinate with research leadership team and HR on training and development of research staff including:
- Refine and complete the competency matrix for scientists
- Develop and implement training for research scientists beyond that provided by HR such as collaborations initiation and management, scientific writing, and science-specific project leader/member training. Help mentor project team leaders.
- Work with research managers to help drive key leadership behaviors into the organization
- Work with the research leadership team (RLT) to help shape the culture around collaborations and publications
- Responsible for establishing a Research strategy for Research collaborations and alliances. Work with the Research scientists to drive new collaborations, especially with Oxford University.
- Establish best Research business practices and lead development of a Research business guide that will aide in proper on-boarding of new researchers
- Serve as a member of the RLT. Work with the RLT chairs (Head of Research and Chief Technology Officer) to help plan and facilitate RLT meetings and ensure follow-through on key actions. Contribute to the development of a strong and coherent Research leadership team.
- Work in collaboration with EHS to establish user-friendly systems to address safety requirements such as COSHH reporting and consistent safety oversight across different research labs.
- Support management of non-portfolio Research projects of strategic importance including reporting, tracking and monitoring of progress. Assist project leaders in developing project plans and assessing resource needs.
- Work with the Head of Research and the Chief Technology Officer on Research strategy, functional capacity, and resource planning. Suggest and develop ways to assess Research productivity and efficiency.
- Participate on the site leadership team.
- Supervise and develop the research operations manager to assume successor role.
- Help facilitate information flow within the Research department
- Competitive compensation
- Private medical and dental benefits.
- 25 days Annual Leave and Bank Holidays
- 4x Salary Life Insurance
- 5% Pension Match
- Income Protection
- Parental Leave